PDA

View Full Version : OT : gamers , USC wins BIG over ND

Smiley
11-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Pete Carol the coach knows he just can't beat ND , he needs to crush them to be able to play OSU for the NC game. I say lets the smack talking begin :banana:

Oh yeah , Go terps beat Wake

ThasFACE
11-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Pete Carol the coach knows he just can't beat ND , he needs to crush them to be able to play OSU for the NC game. I say lets the smack talking begin :banana:

Oh yeah , Go terps beat Wake

I really want ND to beat USC, but I don't see it happening. I just don't feel like Brady Quinn is a high-pressure performer. As Michigan demonstrated, all you need to do is send Quinn to the mat a few times before he starts getting 'happy feet' and starts throwing at every moving thing on the field... regardless of jersey-color.

And I think that you're right; USC needs to put in on ND if they want to lock up that #2 spot.

quehill
11-25-2006, 04:50 PM
USC beat my Golden Bears last weekend, robbing us of what would have been our first Rose Bowl bid since 1959. :butt:

Pete Carroll may be a great coach and a good guy, but he can pound sand. Go Irish...

Cheers

bcm119
11-25-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm not a fan of either team, but I have a question.

How will USC possibly be ranked #2 ahead of Michigan if they beat ND? Michigan blew out ND, and won every other game except a narrow loss to #1 OSU. USC lost to an unranked team.

ThasFACE
11-25-2006, 06:00 PM

How will USC possibly be ranked #2 ahead of Michigan if they beat ND? Michigan blew out ND, and won every other game except a narrow loss to #1 OSU. USC lost to an unranked team.

It doesn't make sense that a 1-loss USC should be ranked over a 1-loss Michigan when you consider who those teams have lost to.

But, if USC beats ND, then USC will have another high-quality win. Also, Michigan's strength-of-schedule will fall because ND will be a two-loss team. USC is _barely_ behind Michigan, so the combined effect of those two factors should get USC into #2.

I don't like it, but that seems to be the situation.

67-59
11-25-2006, 06:10 PM

Just a thought, but at look at who each team played out of conference (other than Notre Dame, who they both play). Michigan's other non-conference games include Vanderbilt, Central Michigan and Ball State. None are ranked in the BCS standings, nor are they even close. USC's other non-conference games include Arkansas (currently #6 in the BCS) and Nebraska (currently #22 in the BCS). Michigan's margin of victory against ND was impressive, but if USC beats ND, Arkansas and Nebraska, that's awfully impressive as well. And if you're impressed by margins of victory against strong teams, USC's 50-14 win over #6 Arkansas should be considered just as impressive as Michigan's rout of ND.

In other years, Michigan might make up for it with a significantly stronger conference schedule. I'm not sure that is the case this year. Other than OSU and UM, the only other Big Ten team that's even in the top-25 is Wisconsin. Therefore, while the Big Ten (with 3 ranked teams) might arguably be a little bit stronger than the Pac 10 (with 2 ranked teams), I don't think it's enough to make up for the disparity in the non-conference schedules (assuming USC wins out).

Don't get me wrong - I'm a fan of a Big Ten team (Wisconsin) and would love to see an all Big Ten National Championship game. I just don't see how Michigan would deserve it more if USC wins out.

steelrider
11-25-2006, 07:03 PM
USC beat my Golden Bears last weekend, robbing us of what would have been our first Rose Bowl bid since 1959. :butt:

Pete Carroll may be a great coach and a good guy, but he can pound sand. Go Irish...

Cheers

Message received. I bleed blue. Last weekend was horrible.

litespeeder3
11-25-2006, 09:35 PM
My season ended last week when my beloved Georgetown lost to Fordham. Georgetown University has never really had much of a football team but its my alma mater and its a great school. Both USC and the UM terps are just mediocre schools regardless of their football teams. I got to root for ND on this game. Its a great school in the same academic league as Georgetown.

:bike:

Elefantino
11-25-2006, 11:19 PM
If you are not undefeated, you should not be allowed to play for the national championship. If there are no undefeated teams, there should be no national champion.

You laugh, but ...

There should also be a "none of the above" selection in all elections, including for president. If "none of the above" wins, then there is no president.

Laughing now?

:cool:

Proxy
11-26-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't know anything about sports, I was just raised different - tunnel 5 row 19 - amazing seats. The entire campus was a party and I mean party, I can't believe the cops looks the other way, but very glad they do. My so kid is @ USC so thats why I went - what a total blast, I loved the game - I think I got a taste of what other must see in it, very cool - that # 10 is quite the guy, what an arm - great game

Climb01742
11-26-2006, 07:20 AM
play. off. sports is about winning on the field, not on a computer.

#8 on usc is quite a player.

keno
11-26-2006, 07:28 AM
one out of two ain't bad.

It's a good thing those ND receivers never learned to play catch, but I suspect that their skills were compromised by the fact that they had concerns that they might get killed if they didn't keep an eye on the USC defenders. I don't think that Brady Quinn was the issue (though I like Booty's arm better).

And then there was Dwayne Jarrett. Fantastic athlete, but it looked to me that some T.O. or Keyshawn lurks not far below the surface.

Strange to see another great USC team without a star running back, but they've got the rest covered. Their lbs, dbs and safeties, oh my.

keno

stevep
11-26-2006, 06:54 PM

William
11-27-2006, 06:32 AM
GO BEAVERS!!!!

http://www.beaverexpressinc.com/images/beaverrun.gif

William ;)