PDA

View Full Version : Some changes to my proposed tours

velotel
02-26-2019, 02:48 AM
After some interesting feedback on the two bike tours I’ve proposed for August and September, I’m making some changes. As in shorter. Apparently americans don’t have the vacation time euros have. Plus being away from the family for so long during vacation season isn’t reasonable.
I was already thinking they were maybe too exuberant. Last year I did a tour and after eight consecutive days of riding and climbing I was beat and I think I wasn’t alone in that. I thought about all that as I was planning out the rides but then brushed the thoughts aside in my enthusiasm for where I mentally was and what I was mentally riding.
So back to the drawing board so to speak, strip some days from each tour, tighten them up to a week of riding. Won’t take long. This way I can save some of the rides for next year!

ColnagoC59
02-26-2019, 03:35 AM
i do bike tours around twice a year. by a week's time i'm done. years ago i did 10 days in new zealand. by the end i was cooked

rnhood
02-26-2019, 04:27 AM
Also for many people it's a big expense. I find plenty of good riding where I hang my hat.