PDA

View Full Version : Garmin ANT+ and Cyclemeter

Rpoole8537
02-25-2019, 09:38 AM
I purchased a Garmin ANT+ HR transmitter under the assumption that I could use it with Cyclemeter Elite. I have an iPhone 7, and I can't find instructions for how to pair anything but a Bluetooth transmitter with my phone or the app. Has anyone accomplished this mission?
Thanks for your input.

Mark McM
02-25-2019, 10:14 AM
I'm pretty sure that IOS devices don't have support for ANT+ built in. I think you'll need to use an ANT+ dongle with the iPhone.

djg21
02-25-2019, 10:17 AM
I'm pretty sure that IOS devices don't have support for ANT+ built in. I think you'll need to use an ANT+ dongle with the iPhone.

I use a Polar H10 for just this reason. It connects to my Garmin via Ant+ and my iPhone via BT LE. It also has “gymlink” so I can connect to my old Computrainer Polar sensor.

bigbill
02-25-2019, 10:18 AM
There are several HRM that transmit in Bluetooth and ANT. I use a Schosche armband that has worked with all my devices including Wahoo and Garmin.

dsimon
02-25-2019, 10:24 AM
youll need a bluetooth HR monitor I went and bought a wahoo one

Rpoole8537
02-26-2019, 08:22 AM
I use a Polar H10 for just this reason. It connects to my Garmin via Ant+ and my iPhone via BT LE. It also has “gymlink” so I can connect to my old Computrainer Polar sensor.

Can you clarify "BT LE"? I have discovered the need for a dongle, but not sure about your solution. I plan on purchasing a Garmin 130 or 520 with my REI dividend. But, I already had Cyclemeter on my iPhone, and their website said that the app supported ANT+. So, I purchased a Garmin Transmitter. They should qualify that statement!!! I have two Polar transmitters and one is Bluetooth. However, I have had some heart rhythm issues in the past and I was getting some very curious readings from both Polars. I spent a couple hundred dollars visiting my cardiologist only to discover my heartrate is normal I was informed by two people that the Garmin monitors appear to bee more accurate.
Thanks for your input.