PDA

View Full Version : Polar flow to Strava

johnniecakes
02-22-2019, 02:14 PM
I am hoping someone more mobile phone and app literate can help me. I have a Strava account that I use to track my rides and runs. I wanted to track my HR also so I bought a Polar M430 watch. I picked this mainly because the HR is from the wrist and doesn't require a chest strap. I created an account using the Polar Flow app and linked the accounts. Now (finally) to my question. When I go for a ride do I launch both apps? I use the beacon on Strava so my wife knows my location just in case. Does one set of data (time, distance) overwrite the other or will the data conflict? Ultimately what I am hoping for is to add the HR data to Strava data for a single record of the ride.:eek:

Ozz
02-22-2019, 04:27 PM
I launch both apps....but I use a chest strap

I think you can link Polar to your phone Health app and link that to Strava

Strava does track your HR but I think needs Bluetooth connection via phone

I like the multi-sport choices on Polar though....keeps all workouts in one place.

I am sure there are more efficient options...sometimes I end up with duplicate files....same ride shows up twice in Strava. I just delete one.

Hellgate
02-22-2019, 11:42 PM
I use a Polar M450 computer. I just use the computer during the ride, sync it with my laptop, then it automatically syncs with Strava. As long as your Strava account is step up to receive a feed from another source there is no need to launch Strava too.

Same process if I'm using Polar apps from the Polar, they feed Strava.