PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Another scam. Citibank this time

William
11-24-2006, 09:54 AM
I received the following on my Hotmail account. This is a very slick one that uses all the Citibank logos and it looks like it could be fairly legit. Three things off the bat give it away (at least to me):

One: I don't use Citibank, and if I did, I wouldn't give them my Hotmail address anyway.

Two: "check your account profile to make sure not changes have been made."

Three: The web address given looks suspicious. The address would be a straight www. Citibank. com. Or www. Citibank. com/blah blah blah.

I could see this one sucking some unwary people in. I mean come on, some people still fall for the Nigerian scams. :rolleyes:

William

Dear Citibank customer,

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Citibank banking account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account and the Citibank network is our primary concern.

Therefore, as a preventive measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.

To restore your account access, please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not been compromised:

1. Login to your Citibank account.

2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized withdraws or deposits, and check your account profile to make sure not changes have been made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account, report this to Citibank staff inmediately.

To get started, please on the link below:

https://web.da-us.citibank.com/

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire Citibank system. Thank your for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Please don not reply to this e-mail. Mail to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your Citibank account and choose "Help" link in the header of any page.

My Citi gives you access to accounts and services provided by Citibank and its affiliates.
Citibank, N.A., Citibank, F.S.B., Citibank (West), FSB, Citibank Texas, N.A. Member FDIC

Citibank Online Bill Payment Promise

Copyright © 2006 Citigroup Inc.

zank
11-24-2006, 10:34 AM
phishing schemes suck. What scumbags.