PDA

View Full Version : Catlike Helmets compared to Kask

false_Aest
02-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Can anyone provide insight as to how a Catlike helmet fits compared to the Kask lids?

I've been using a Vertigo for a few years.
Before that the Mojito.
The Protone fits wonderfully.

No one near me carries them.

andeww
02-13-2019, 12:44 PM
I had a catlike whisper years ago and now a protone.
The catlike had a bit more of a ROUND circular shape, most noticeable around the sides above the ears-- but they were both very usable for my head. It was not an issue. -- also, wore M on both

rst72
02-13-2019, 02:22 PM
I had a catlike whisper years ago and now a protone.
The catlike had a bit more of a ROUND circular shape, most noticeable around the sides above the ears-- but they were both very usable for my head. It was not an issue. -- also, wore M on both

same here.

both great helmets, but i prefer the protone by a mile.

like andeww mentioned, ROUND...gaps above the ears and it sat higher on my head than the protone.

protone strap system is much nicer and the y buckles are not adjustable, but they got the fit perfect so it's not needed...at least for me. however you can adjust the chin strap length. i was always messing with the catlike straps and they get dirty. protone has a leather chin strap...very comfortable and easy to clean.

also, the catlike pads are crap. doesn't take long for them to split.

verticaldoug
02-13-2019, 03:23 PM
I have a catlike mixino and a protone. Both great helmets and I don't think much different in shape.

The back of the helmet where you adjust the cradle fits a little different. The kask is lower and grabs more of the head. The mixino is more comfortable in my opinion..

Either works. I still think the mixino is one of the best looking helmets.