PDA

View Full Version : Winter tights mid weight recommendations

fourspin
02-06-2019, 01:02 PM
I bought some Ibex cycling tights in 2015 before they went tits up. They are really great, tough as nails and quite warm, I reserve them for my coldest riding days. I'd like to get another pair of tights that are slightly lighter weight but still good build quality.

I bought some Sugois for this purpose last year but they are a disappointment. Fragile material, not a great cut, and they have reflective stripes that spiral up the leg and they're kind of annoying.

Any faves out there? I'm an admitted Rapha junkie but the classic tights I tried on a few years ago were really slim in the leg (I usually wear a medium in their classic stuff with no issue). Perhaps they fixed the fit.

Other recommendations?

572cv
02-06-2019, 01:42 PM
I also love my Ibex cycling britches and tights. The best fitting and most versatile tights, temp-wise, are some I got from the Assos factory store. Not sure what the model is, but they are just tights, to fit over shorts or bibs.

commonguy001
02-07-2019, 05:38 AM
I think the Rapah classic tight is great but like you found them snug. Possibly just upsize if you can deal with the length.

Tickdoc
02-07-2019, 06:14 AM
Cafe du cycliste tight fan here. Exceptionally well made and they go on sale from time to time. Not too hot, not too cold, and they disappear when on and don't make you feel like you are wearing two sets of bibs when the temps fall between mid forties to thirties.

Andy sti
02-07-2019, 08:36 AM
I’m not a fan of thermal bib tights. They just don’t fit me well, baggy here or tight there. I would recommend trying thermal bib shorts and leg warmers. Splitting it up let’s you get a better fit than the tights. It seems that every brand has thermal shorts now so you should be able to find some you like. I never wear my shorts alone - they only go with the warmers.

joosttx
02-07-2019, 08:41 AM
I am a big fan of the Q365 tights. Very comfortable.

https://www.q36-5.com/q36-5-shop/men/long-salopette-l1/