PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any dog lovers in Modesto? Rescue help need.

RobJ
02-06-2019, 11:03 AM
There's a beautiful Husky in a kill shelter in Modesto that needs help. He's down to his last days. I'd take him, but I am on the East Coast. I could get him out, but then someone local would have to pick up to foster/shelter him until other plans develop. Hopefully someone here is interested. This is a link to his video and info. It's the Stanislaus shelter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bti-gajgjB-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=g2cdxv6e9ok9

Thanks!

Mzilliox
02-06-2019, 11:48 AM
oh man, if this were a bit closer id be driving there to take him home now. i really hope you can find the help. lots of people bought huskies because of that damned show, and nobody knows how to care for a wolf dog that requires a pack member, so there are loads of abandoned huskies, my sister has 2! heck, people cant be bothered to raise their kids anymore, hows a husky gonna have a chance...

Matthew
02-06-2019, 03:26 PM
Good on you Rob to try to help this little guy out!! Kill shelters suck. Wish I could step up but not with a house full of cats! Hopefully someone can save this beautiful dog. Matthew

akelman
02-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Talking to the wife. We'll see what we can do.

metalheart
02-06-2019, 05:48 PM
I work with a rescue group (Brittanys) and we get calls from shelters on occasion, but as frequently we hear from folks who know of dogs in shelter and we work with other volunteers to bail them out and find foster homes. We have never worked with Husky rescue groups, but you might try contacting this group and see if they can help. Of course, a Paceline connection might be the fastest way to get the dog out of the shelter.

Northern California Sled Dog Rescue (NorSled)
PO Box 30877
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Rescue@NorSled.org
800-471-5822