PDA

View Full Version : Concours CS bottom bracket

plumbsew
11-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Looking into a new Concours CS. Any body have input on bottom bracket stiffness. I am 175# and like both the hills and sprints. Thanks

Smiley
11-22-2006, 02:54 PM
If your under a size 57 , you can opt for OS tubing but this frame is a Legend in all other aspects other then the CS stays and the Top Tube , don't worry about it , your not that heavy .

Ken Robb
11-22-2006, 03:29 PM
You tell Serotta how you want the ride and they build it for you--no worries.

dave thompson
11-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Looking into a new Concours CS. Any body have input on bottom bracket stiffness. I am 175# and like both the hills and sprints. Thanks
Traditionally Serottas have had better bottom bracket stiffness than other brands because of their 'Colorado Concept' tubing, where the seat tube and down tubes grow larger towards the bottom bracket. This keeps the bottom bracket area stiff without weight penalty.

In any event I've not heard anyone comment about noodly Serottas. :)

Simon Q
11-22-2006, 03:40 PM
I am 6'4" and 88 kg and there are no problems with my Coucours CS BB. You just spec the stiffness you want. I wouldn't say that it is without any flex at all but certainly no more (less in fact) than my former Bianchi which also rode like a brick compared to this bike. You will not be disappointed.