PDA

View Full Version : Sorting out TIME models...

paredown
02-05-2019, 09:12 AM
Has anyone run across a site that provides a chronology of TIME bike models?

I didn't find much on a quick search.

(I've been looking at GuyLimey's repainted frame that he is calling a VXS Pro and have been puzzling over details and how it fits into the chronology...
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=233761)

Blown Reek
02-05-2019, 10:35 AM
It sure doesn't seem to have enough lugs to be a TIME, and there's no QuickSet headset.

FlashUNC
02-05-2019, 10:41 AM
VXS post dates the VXR and VXRS I believe.

Steve in SLO
02-05-2019, 10:52 AM
Maybe the PRO is different, but I believe the VXS had the standard Time lugged HT and BB like the VXR/VXRS.

Pegoready
02-05-2019, 10:52 AM
Has anyone run across a site that provides a chronology of TIME bike models?

I didn't find much on a quick search.

(I've been looking at GuyLimey's repainted frame that he is calling a VXS Pro and have been puzzling over details and how it fits into the chronology...
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=233761)

The VXS and the VX Special Pro were 2 different bikes.

What that seller has is a VX Special Pro. There was never a bike called the 'VXS Pro' afik.

I know that doesn't answer your question. It would be really interesting to do a 'family tree' of Time frames as their naming got really confusing.

Blown Reek
02-05-2019, 10:59 AM
What that seller has is a VX Special Pro.

I consider myself quite the TIME aficionado, and have never heard of the VX Special Pro, until now. It sure looks like a repainted VX Special Pro.

paredown
02-05-2019, 11:21 AM
I consider myself quite the TIME aficionado, and have never heard of the VX Special Pro, until now. It sure looks like a repainted VX Special Pro.

Thanks guys--I did find a site that has a good shot of the front fork on a VX Special Pro, and it does have that fork detail that you can see on Guylimeys. (Here (http://tkcskywalker.blogspot.com/2012/10/time-vx-special-pro.html))

So dates seem to be 2003-5ish--before the VXRs?

Found this copy on an old eBay ad:
Top Features of the Time VX Special Pro Frame

The VX SPECIAL PRO achieves maximum performance through an exclusive design based on the use of carbon and vectran fibres to combine lightweight, responsiveness and comfort.

Composite frame of HM carbon 3k and 6k filaments/tow with vectran anti-vibration fibres

Helix Carbon downtube: With the bi-elliptical shape of the oversize downtube, the vertical ellipse at the head tube transitions to the lateral ellipse at the bottom bracket over the entire length of the tube. This unique design minimizes longitudinal stresses at the head tube and increases lateral rigidity at the bottom bracket, with an increase in rigidity of 40% compared to the latest generation of all-alloy frames.

Asymmetrical carbon chainstays: Chainstays have a major influence on the dynamic properties of a frame. Computer studies show that a frame works asymmetrically as the power of the rider is transmitted through the chain to the rear wheel. This asymmetrical transmission places different stresses on the two chainstays: compression on the right chainstay, while the left chainstay simply flexes.
The VX SPECIAL PRO frame features asymmetrical chainstays designed with different types and quantities of fibres in the right and left chainstays for optimum performance.

Monobloc carbon wishbone: Time's many years of experience in the design and manufacture of carbon wishbones have gone into the creation of the new Time Monobloc carbon wishbone - an integral part of the VX SPECIAL PRO frame. The structure of the monobloc carbon wishbone is optimised for stresses calculated by computer modelling, while retaining ultra-light weight (only 105 grams for a 58cm frame). HM (High Modulus) carbon and elliptical ribbing produce ideal properties in terms of responsiveness and comfort.

Integrated headset: The VX SPECIAL PRO frame features an integrated headset, which is race proven in European professional racing, including the Tour de France.
The headset is supplied with 3 different heights of integrated upper cone/spacer to allow optimum adjustment of stem height while increasing rigidity at the stem-to-headset interface.

Avant stiff+ Monobloc carbon fork for integrated headset. High Modulus carbon fibres. 1" 1/8 carbon steerer with Kevlar. Internal expander type headset adjustment system. Fluid ride with Vectran : vibration-absorbing fibre. Root system: steerer/fork crown internal reinforcement. Dropouts complying with safety standards. Rake 43mm. Weight 390g (300mm)

Monolink stem: High-technology materials form the MONOLINK stem utilizing the latest fabrication techniques: RTM - Resin Transfer Molding, HM carbon, aerospace quality alloy and titanium. The innovative design. Combined with the high-technology materials allows the TIME MONOLINK stem to offer unmatched combination of light weight and rigidity.

Spirit Stiff+: The Spirit seatpost is part of the new generation of TIME products integrating the stiff+ technology. The Stiff+ internal seatpost reinforcement delivers a 30% increase in resistance to compression compared to simple carbon tubes used in other makes of carbon seatpost.