PDA

View Full Version : Help locating Cannondale tool

oliver1850
02-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Have a couple of contacts in need of rear spring adjusting wrench for early suspension bikes. Nut is pictured below. Wrench is open end, covers 180 degrees of the nut and engages four of the notches. Could either buy the wrench or get a good tracing of it so I could make one out of AL plate.

peanutgallery
02-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Hate to say it, but a channel lock and a rag

Been many moons since I've seen one of those

hollowgram5
02-04-2019, 04:47 PM
I might have a guy that could make one for you. I can ask him. Won't be cheap but it's an option if nothing else presents..

ultraman6970
02-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Mark you like to do stuff... and probably you are just thinking in making one already :P Wonder if you can use a headset tool and mod. it.

Hank Scorpio
02-04-2019, 06:49 PM
I don't know if it will work for you but have you looked at motorcycle shock spanner wrenches? I have an adjustable one that you could borrow if you think it might work. Just send it back when you are done with it.

monarchguy
02-04-2019, 07:03 PM
It really doesn't look that hard to make. What should the material be? What's the ID and it it critical?

-- Dan

oliver1850
02-05-2019, 01:23 PM
I don't know if it will work for you but have you looked at motorcycle shock spanner wrenches? I have an adjustable one that you could borrow if you think it might work. Just send it back when you are done with it.

Not sure if it would work. Most coil over nuts have rectangular notches that a hook tool can grip. Those rounded notches are a problem.

We can probably draw the tool from nut dimensions and come up with one that will work, but I thought that tracing one would be easier than laying it out. We need a good fit because one of the nuts is seized on the shock.

thanks all.

likebikes
02-05-2019, 01:48 PM
set of vice grips and call it a day