PDA

View Full Version : OT: Inversion tables

tsarpepe
01-29-2019, 09:28 AM
Who has used an inversion table at home for back pain, sciatica, herniations, etc.? Share your experiences here. From reading reviews on line, it seems like people are just as happy with $100 models as they are with those that cost 5 or 10 times more. Are the bells and whistles of the "higher" models actually worth it?

If you post a picture of yourself hanging upside down, you get extra credit for the assignment! ;)

Prof. Bad Back

charliedid
01-29-2019, 09:55 AM
I have no real experience regarding the long term benefit but have also thought about it for my on again off again back pain. Seems like it helps many....

What I do know is that my wife often repeats a hilarious story about her aunt trying one at a demo set-up at a local sporting goods store involving the loud passing of the gas. :)

tsarpepe
01-29-2019, 10:08 AM
What I do know is that my wife often repeats a hilarious story about her aunt trying one at a demo set-up at a local sporting goods store involving the loud passing of the gas. :)

Well, it's all about decompression, you know... :)

charliedid
01-29-2019, 10:11 AM

LOL

That story makes my wife laugh so uncontrollably that it's contagious...

vqdriver
01-29-2019, 10:52 AM
i had one for a bit for my back.
a couple takeaways for me were the severe angle at which i had to tilt it to actually 'feel' it working. felt steep, but in reality was only like 45deg. at that angle, i felt that i could feel some benefit. the downside is that all the blood rushed to my head and i couldn't stand it for more than 10 min at a time.
fwiw, there's no real bells and whistles you need for something like this. it just needs to be secure/stable and easy to use.

andeww
01-29-2019, 10:58 AM
I have one here at my office! it is so simple that i dont see what benefits a higher end model can have. It works really well for me and i can hear a chain reaction of cracking from my pelvis to my neck on a tight back day. However, i have co-workers that have tried it and get nothing out of it.

wallymann
01-29-2019, 11:05 AM

before investing in a table, why not try lumbar press-ups/extensions? ...they are an important part of PT to reduce spinal disc compression -- from personal experience they help quite a bit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtNcUXhjme4

tsarpepe
01-29-2019, 11:12 AM
before investing in a table, why not try lumbar press-ups/extensions...they are an important part of PT to reduce spinal disc compression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtNcUXhjme4

Oh, yes, I am doing those regularly + a bunch of other PT-recommended exercises.

wallymann
01-29-2019, 11:18 AM
Oh, yes, I am doing those regularly + a bunch of other PT-recommended exercises.

https://forums.thepaceline.net/images/icons/icon14.gif :)

John H.
01-29-2019, 11:30 AM
Look on Craigslist- You can often find the nicer ones for $100-150.
People buy them and don't use them.