PDA

View Full Version : Now it's REALLY time to pony up

Bruce K
05-03-2004, 10:42 AM
The Open House info and registration form are up on Serotta's website along with pictures from last year's wet and wonderful ride.

So who is making the trip?

Who needs a room? I currently have 2 rooms reserved at the Spring's Motel with 2 beds in each.

People using the rooms so far are Bruce K (me), BBDave, and (we think) Bill Bove.

You gotta let us know soon Bill.

That leaves one spot left and try as we might Ginger won't go for it. :crap:

Looking forward to dry roads, warm sun, good food, good music, good beer, and cool jerseys.

:banana: :banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana:
:banana:

BK

jeffg
05-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Well, I would love to join you all but fear I may be banned. I left my Legend with a friend in CA for safekeeping last weekend so I didn't have to take it out again from NYC for a ride the weekend after Open House in Santa Rosa. That means I would have to ride my Hampsten?! I think that is likely not allowed :no: On the upside, I will be riding my Legend on all my DCs this year, so that should count for something! :banana: :banana:

Bruce K
05-03-2004, 11:42 AM
There have been other bikes besides Serottas ridden at Open House.

You might just have to take a little ribbing but it is an Open House. Some people attend to decide which Serotta they want to buy. Some people attend because their freinds/spouses are attending.

Especially where you own a Serotta you should be there!!

So now jeffg, what say ye?

BK

PS - Hey BBDave whatever happened to National Talk Like a Pirate Day?

bostondrunk
05-03-2004, 11:43 AM
do they serve beer?

Bruce K
05-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Of course. :beer:

And it's Serotta label beer to boot. :beer: :beer:

Why, do you need a Designated Driver from Boston to the Open House?

BK

Serotta PETE
05-03-2004, 11:51 AM
No matter what "brand" bike you ride - - - - - -COME OUT!!!!

Register for the event.......I have heard a rumor that SANDY will be riding a CALFEE..... Poor Kevin left it unattended/

Phil, Bill and I will be coming........PETE

BumbleBeeDave
05-03-2004, 12:04 PM
I have never seen a Hampsten and would love to see your bike, as well as get to (finally!) ride with you.

I hope you will be able to make it!

BBDave

Kevan
05-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Steve at Serotta was gracious enough to invite this Calfee-ite to this event and even offered lending me a Sandymobile to ride. Alas, this weekend is already spoken for. I'll be doing a benefit ride for the Special Olympics.

Umm... taking this opportunity to pinch someone's purse....should any of you be interested in helping me help this fine organization please feel free to contact me offline at either psi115@aol.com or kfull@sempra.com. Here's more detail:

http://www.bresnantourdewagner.com

That would be me from last year, on the first web page, about 5 riders back, looking off to the left, yellow helmet and jersey.

My apologies for detracting from the intent of this thread. I return you now with my thanks... :)

Len J
05-03-2004, 12:45 PM
if it's still available.

e mail me at len_janssen@yahoo.com

Len

The Open House info and registration form are up on Serotta's website along with pictures from last year's wet and wonderful ride.

So who is making the trip?

Who needs a room? I currently have 2 rooms reserved at the Spring's Motel with 2 beds in each.

People using the rooms so far are Bruce K (me), BBDave, and (we think) Bill Bove.

You gotta let us know soon Bill.

That leaves one spot left and try as we might Ginger won't go for it. :crap:

Looking forward to dry roads, warm sun, good food, good music, good beer, and cool jerseys.

:banana: :banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana:
:banana:

BK

M_A_Martin
05-03-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm one of those independent girls, I have my own room...

Of course, I think it has two beds in it (I forget what I asked for) But for now, I'm leaving it open just in case I talk any of my riding buddies into coming along for the festivities.
I'm contemplating taking a week hiking, mountain biking, and camping either the kingdom or upper NY and spending the last few days at Saratoga (or flip flop, start in Saratoga and spend the following week bumming around with my bikes)

But thanks for the offer Bruce.

and who else wants a jersey?

Bill Bove
05-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Bruce,

I'll send you a PM later tonight. I want to come but travelling may be hard, we'll talk.

Bill