PDA

View Full Version : Stop, Swap, Save in MD..Anyone been?

MrCannonCam
01-29-2019, 08:21 AM
http://www.stopswapandsave.com/

Came across this swap last year but couldn't go. Has anyone been there? Wondering if it'd be worth the trip down in a few weeks to unload some stuff.

zap
01-29-2019, 08:42 AM
Been several times going back to the early 2000's.

The first few years were interesting......some good items at low prices. As the years went by the swap became more of.....it didn't sell last year (and the previous 3 years) lets try again.

Obviously business is being transacted, the swap continues. You have to go at least once and you might have what some folks want. Share a table and meet a few mates.

MrCannonCam
01-29-2019, 08:51 AM
Been several times going back to the early 2000's.

The first few years were interesting......some good items at low prices. As the years went by the swap became more of.....it didn't sell last year (and the previous 3 years) lets try again.

Obviously business is being transacted, the swap continues. You have to go at least once and you might have what some folks want. Share a table and meet a few mates.

Same thing happens at the VeloFest at the Lehigh Valley Velodrome....have found a few good deals but mostly people and shops recycling old stuff.

Their small vendor spots are sold out but they have a non vendor spot for bikes I may bring one and a frame and go to find some deals and wait until VeloFest for my smaller stuff

cribbit
01-29-2019, 08:59 AM
The issue is that the bigger the swapmeet the higher people think they can price and still find a sucker.

There's a sweet spot of big enough to have interesting things but not so big that people get greedy.

ultraman6970
01-29-2019, 09:14 AM
Ultra has a table... anybody wants to sub for 25 bucks?

The 1st 2 years I went there it sucked.... nothing to buy but is getting better, what we've noticed is that there is a lot going on before the opening time between sellers, a lot of buy/sell/trade between sellers, even some stuff never makes it to the general public.

Personally we get a table to have a place to stay and leave the loot, you cant be around 4 hours carrying stuff around. Always good to have a place to seat and talk.

Last year polyglot took a full pro peloton bike from an italian rider, that ride was super sweet and the price was good aswell.

As usual in any swap meet there is a HIt and miss factor, every year this event is different aswell... is a gamble.

pjbaz
01-30-2019, 10:12 PM
I"ve been twice and I'm hoping to get back this year. I've always broken even on fun regardless of what I made or lost lol. I've found great deals, good deals and seen some awful deals. I did better two years ago than last year but that's the nature of these things.

As of this afternoon there was ONE small space left, and a few large spots. I'm going to share a spot with a friend if I make it.

Jere
01-30-2019, 10:52 PM
http://www.stopswapandsave.com/

Came across this swap last year but couldn't go. Has anyone been there? Wondering if it'd be worth the trip down in a few weeks to unload some stuff.

Hi

I set up a spot maybe 5 times in the last 15 years.
When ever my boys and I get too much stuff.
If you want to sell be ready to let it go for 25% retail.
Walked away with $4000.00 ish last year.
Lots of people got stuck in the muddy field they park you in but your in
Northern MD lots of 4x4 to get you out.
The ticket is to get a small space they let you in early !
You have two hours to get the best deals beforehand
Jere B

ultraman6970
01-30-2019, 11:03 PM
If anybody needs a space I can share my table.

Polyglot
02-01-2019, 12:20 AM
I plan on coming and bringing a bunch of stuff for sale. I think I have a table arranged but have not received confirmation so perhaps I should check into it.

OtayBW
02-01-2019, 05:51 AM
Just depends on what you're looking for. Last year I thought it was kind of meh, but the year before, it was pretty good for me. There is always something that makes the 'want' list pretty bad, but not always something on the 'need' list....

MrCannonCam
02-02-2019, 07:28 AM
If anybody needs a space I can share my table.

I may be interested...not sure if I want to go down with stuff to sell or just cruise for some deals

ultraman6970
02-02-2019, 08:04 AM
PMed.

ultraman6970
02-02-2019, 08:06 AM
U going with wayne ???

Will PM you... always curious of what are you taking :D Cunego's bike?

I plan on coming and bringing a bunch of stuff for sale. I think I have a table arranged but have not received confirmation so perhaps I should check into it.

JLQ
02-11-2019, 05:56 AM
anyone see Jamie Swan's Engin at the swap? I spent hours talking myself out of it. Whoa.

http://www.jamieswan.net/pages/engin.html

El Chaba
02-11-2019, 07:48 AM
It's always a bit of a bike-related social event for me. I may or may not find anything...This year I didn't find much. I bumped into a number of old friends both expected and unexpected, which was great. As a pure bonus, I met Polyglot and Ultraman in person and visited for a bit which was a real pleasure...