PDA

View Full Version : What's the possibility that Colnago will release a di2 compatible disc Master?

zmalwo
01-27-2019, 05:49 AM
I know this might never happen since they probably want to keep their caliper, mechanical only tradition but they made several changes over the years like cable stop mount and threaded to threadless headset, but what's the probability that they will drill some holes on the down tube and seattube to make it di2 compatible as well as some holes on the frame for disc brakes? It would be awesome if they do.

tuscanyswe
01-27-2019, 05:58 AM
Zero to none imo.

Simply cause i dont imagine that there are a lot of prospective master customers who want di2 and discs on their retro bike purchase.

Bentley
01-27-2019, 06:05 AM
Zero to none imo.

Simply cause i dont imagine that there are a lot of prospective master customers who want di2 and discs on their retro bike purchase.

Kinda defeats the whole reason for buying a Classic Colnago. I believe Bjorn nailed this one

John H.
01-27-2019, 10:24 AM
I am not sure why someone would want one.
If you want a Master- You want 1" steel fork, quill stem and mechanical shifting-
If you want DI2 disc have someone who specializes in new school steel make you one-

FlashUNC
01-27-2019, 01:14 PM
Uh, they won't?

dddd
01-27-2019, 02:07 PM
A steel fork would have to be made quite heavy to handle disc-brake torque being resolved between the front axle and the mounts just a few inches away.
Check out any steel disc-brake fork to see what I mean.
And the fork legs would almost have to visibly enlarged, lest the weight became higher still.
Generally speaking, steel bike plus disc brakes equals very heavy.

Also, disc brakes start to make more sense as the tire and width increases, so the end product would likely not use the old bike's name since it would be a completely different animal and would have a completely different look.

charliedid
01-27-2019, 03:26 PM
Just as soon as Grant starts selling carbon "country bikes"

Not. Holding. Breath.