PDA

View Full Version : Fara Cycling

VTR1000SP2
01-24-2019, 05:52 PM
So a local shop, Blacksmith Cycle, told me about this brand - https://faracycling.com/

Has anyone else come across this make before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tv_vt
01-24-2019, 06:18 PM
Yes, in France. Guy on our tour had one, kitted out with Etap.

VTR1000SP2
01-24-2019, 06:29 PM
Yes, in France. Guy on our tour had one, kitted out with Etap.

Did he mention anything about it? Feedback or a review of sorts?

The pricing is quite competitive.

livesadventure
01-24-2019, 10:43 PM
I know some people in Norway who rode them and had only good things to say. I rode one around the block, it was a lively ride but I didn’t go far enough to get much else

glepore
01-25-2019, 07:55 AM
Looks like a labeled open mold.

VTR1000SP2
01-25-2019, 07:58 AM

At that type of pricing, I would have said the same but from what I’ve been told, it’s made in a Taiwanese factory by a major player.

Veloo
01-25-2019, 08:35 AM
$4254 seems pricey for an Ultegra bike with 3T wheels on rebranded Taiwanese.
The bearings on my 3T wheels died fast so don't care to go down that road again.

I don't even see money spent on graphics/ decals.

I'm sure you'd get better value at the spring or fall sales.

prototoast
01-25-2019, 09:09 AM
At that type of pricing, I would have said the same but from what I’ve been told, it’s made in a Taiwanese factory by a major player.

That's what open mold means.

VTR1000SP2
01-25-2019, 09:11 AM
That's what open mold means.

You sure?

Open mold to me is Chinese factories offering a catalog of unbranded bikes of their own design to anyone who wants to buy and self brand.

one60
01-25-2019, 09:13 AM
The Service Course in Girona is owned by recently retired pro, Christian Meyer. He was offering these bikes as part of the rental fleet a year or two ago. Might be worth getting their input?

Heisenberg
01-25-2019, 09:19 AM

Correct.

Not much special going on here, just a white labeled frame.

cmg
01-25-2019, 09:47 AM
no experience with the brand but the bike geometry is similar to frame i bough from Velo Build that was an "open mold". frame and fork were well made but i picked the wrong size. both the Velo Build and Fara geometries look like the Cervelo R series, 73* seat tube angle but the Fara has a slightly taller head tube. the Geom would work for me and if just a frame is available it's something to consider. Is it an "open mold" ? probably. is that a bad thing? not necessarily. Frame/fork from Velo build is under $500 + shipping, mine came from china in 5 days.

sfo1
01-25-2019, 10:18 AM
The geo chart points to generic.

Hushovd is riding one on their IG feed. Paid placement...of course.:no:

prototoast
01-25-2019, 10:43 AM
You sure?

Open mold to me is Chinese factories offering a catalog of unbranded bikes of their own design to anyone who wants to buy and self brand.

Open mold means that a third-party manufacturer build the frame using molds that are not proprietary to the company doing the branding. There's no requirement that the manufacturer be in China (as opposed to Taiwan, or any other country). There's no requirement that the manufacturer not be a "major player". All that matters is that the mold/design be owned and exclusive to the branding company, which it does not appear to be in this case.

VTR1000SP2
01-25-2019, 11:03 AM
Open mold means that a third-party manufacturer build the frame using molds that are not proprietary to the company doing the branding. There's no requirement that the manufacturer be in China (as opposed to Taiwan, or any other country). There's no requirement that the manufacturer not be a "major player". All that matters is that the mold/design be owned and exclusive to the branding company, which it does not appear to be in this case.

Ok that makes sense.

VTR1000SP2
03-04-2020, 09:04 PM
Learned today that the F | Disc model is a rebadged Factor O2 Disc.

Lanternrouge
03-04-2020, 09:51 PM
Learned today that the F | Disc model is a rebadged Factor O2 Disc.

That means it's a nice bike. The people here who have Factors really like them. I think this is a pretty good deal as these things go if the geometry works for you. It sounds like this doesn't include the Ceramicspeed goodies that Factor-branded ones come with.

romalor
03-05-2020, 04:08 AM
If it's an o2 yes good deal

the others fara are open mold and not worth it

**** ceramicspeed and their brain farts

long live bigger jokey wheels etc
but ceramicspeed it's a scam