PDA

View Full Version : Stella Azzurra Techno Spugna bar tape?

thejen12
11-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Has anyone tried this tape? It comes in five different thicknesses - I'd appreciate any reviews of the tape and the various thicknesses.

Thanks!

Jenn

zank
11-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi Jenn,
I've only been able to find and use the thickest version. It is nice, but no better than Deda tape in my opinion. And Deda is a lot easier to find.

MassBiker
11-21-2006, 01:51 PM
I have used the thickest version and it was OK, nothing special and it was very flimsy. If you make the slighest mistake wrapping it you can easily tear the tape trying to correct yourself.
Also, while it was thick it seemed very soft and gave less cushioning than I thought it would.

stevep
11-21-2006, 02:57 PM
this tape is good. it is thick and soft. it is also best applied without removing the adhesive strip on the back. the thin density ( thick ) foam will break up when you remove it if it is adhered. better to leave the backing on the adhesive. the glue is too strong for the material.

merckx
11-21-2006, 08:10 PM
but listen to stevep, it is a pita to get off the bars when it needs replacement. It is pretty cush, a little more than Deda (my current fav.), but buy a putty knife at the hardware store next door. You will need it.