PDA

View Full Version : Bike "Feel" Video

m_sasso
01-24-2019, 06:07 AM
How does your bike handle with you on it?
Interesting, informative video on bike geometry and bike feel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTtC4Rq_ScM

tv_vt
01-24-2019, 08:36 AM
Good video, but his comments on trail and how high or low trail numbers affects responsiveness seems backwards to me. He says high trail means more responsive feel - that's opposite of how it works AFAIK.

David Tollefson
01-24-2019, 08:46 AM
Good video, but his comments on trail and how high or low trail numbers affects responsiveness seems backwards to me. He says high trail means more responsive feel - that's opposite of how it works AFAIK.

What he's referring to is how quickly the bike reacts and "self-corrects", thus more trail self-corrects more quickly and is more stable.

David Tollefson
01-24-2019, 08:56 AM
Can't believe it took them almost 14 minutes to get to the rider's weight balance on the bike, and then gave no answers in how that affects the feel of the bike...

fogrider
01-25-2019, 12:20 AM
back in the day, there were crit bikes that were short with quick handling and euro stage racers were long and stable. and yes, the shape of the rider can really change things if rider has long torso vs long legs...I think its one of those things where you have to see what works for your shape.