PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using modern Cinelli bars?

teleguy57
01-21-2019, 09:45 AM
I was a big fan of the Cinelli 64s back in the day. Most recently have been using Thomson and Deda bars with a shorter reach (78.5 and 75mm respectively). Have been thinking about shortening my reach even a bit more but do like where the tops of the bars sit and not sure I want to shorten the stem.

Cinelli Neos (carbon) and Dinamos both have 70mm reach. Curious if anyone has experience with them and could comment. Also looking at the Zipp SL- 70mm versions as well.

Curious about those who have used them and your thoughts. Thanks!

RobJ
01-21-2019, 10:08 AM
I can't comment on the those Cinelli bars directly, but have been very happy in the past with the Zipp SL-70. In fact I have set on the way to me now for a gravel/trail build. As Zipp references the reach gives you options in setting up the bike without having to go to a much shorter stem etc. They were very comfortable too out on the road.

jamesdak
01-21-2019, 11:07 AM
Cinelli Giro D'italia 64 bars are still being made and are my go to bars. I love them and while I sometimes use different bars these in 42mm still feel the most natural to me.

http://www.pbase.com/jhuddle/image/162626441.jpg

merckx
01-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Nice ^^^^^^^

isaacneff
01-21-2019, 07:39 PM
I also do not have much experience with either Cinelli bar, but I have fitted multiple Zipp SL-70 bars and they work well with a verity of different levers.

Bob Ross
01-21-2019, 10:10 PM
I have Cinelli Dinamos on my 2016 Sachs. Love 'em. otoh, if someone had told me they were "short reach" I probably would have overtly avoided them. So they're either not that short, or I'm an insensitive kinda guy.

prototoast
01-21-2019, 10:20 PM
I have the Cinelli Neos bars and really like them. They're light, seemingly durable, and the curve works well with my hands. Would definitely recommend, as long as you think the specs will work for you.