PDA

View Full Version : JUMP electric rental bikes have entered the cities

cmg
01-16-2019, 11:05 AM
https://jump.com/ the next generation o8f non-docked electric vehicles have arrived in SA. JUMP has dumped some electric bikes in the gentrified area of SA. hard to believe SA is considered a modern city. Can a non-docked electric car rented at an hourly rate be far behind? its got to coming. any where else?

72gmc
01-16-2019, 11:29 AM
They're here in Seattle. I rather like the red. It reminds me of Vinokourov's bike in the London Olympics, with a basket for gifts to the UCI built right in.

bjf
01-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Santa Cruz. They are getting a lot of use here.

cgolvin
01-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Have been in Santa Monica for…6 months? (Hard to remember but they certainly jumped out the first time I saw them.) I see a lot more parked than ridden but that doesn't mean anything.

93KgBike
01-16-2019, 02:01 PM
Is this trend leading to private dollars flowing into bike/ped infrastructure?

Is it leading to increased bike-sales?

Is DoT or NHSTA tracking the trend, and its effects? (Not right now due to the government shutdown, I know.)

Spaghetti Legs
01-16-2019, 03:01 PM
We have green ones here in little ol’ Charlottesville. They came along with the scooters. Bird maybe? There aren’t all that many right now and mostly clustered downtown and at the University but you’ll see one laying in a neighborhood now and then and it’s kind of jarring.

Not that intrusive yet, unlike at UCLA, where the scooters lay around like litter.