PDA

View Full Version : Bikemania. Is it for real?

rpm
11-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Does anybody have any exprience with this outfit?

http://www.bikemania.biz/

They have a silver Selcof dual position seatpost that I can't find anywhere else.

dave thompson
11-20-2006, 02:42 PM
They state on their website that many items purchased are shipped from a distributors warehouse. I've had no experience with Bikemania, but I have had experiences with outfits that have the same business model.

Direct or drop shipping is only as good as the distributor, not the seller. If the distributor is out of stock of a product, or slow to ship, or ships the wrong product, the buyer can be left holding the bag. Also if the seller has developed a rocky relationship with the distributor, it slows or stops the whole buying process.

Read their policies page to get a feel for how they operate. Maybe one of this forums members that lives close enough to Bikemania might offer to check them out for you.

rpm
11-30-2006, 10:46 AM
My experience with Bikemania.biz turned out to be good. I received my Selcoff seatpost directly from Red Rose Imports in an acceptable amount of time. (The seatpost, by the way, is very nice if you want a silver seat post that will get you way back there).

This kind of retailer, with essentially no inventory, wouldn't be my first choice for buying things, but if they have a hard-to-find part or an exceptional price, then this one, at least, seems worth a look.

sspielman
11-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Redrose Imports is great ATMO....