PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Pan-Mass Challenge Team - any interest?

Bruce K
11-20-2006, 11:41 AM
To try and keep this a bit fresh it was suggested to start a new thread so here goes.....

How many PMC alums or newbies would be interetsted in forming a Serotta Forum Team for this years PMC?

I have stated that I would be willing to captain it and try and get jerseys done for the Team.

If we have enough people and interest we could look into adopting a Pedal Partner, a child currently undergoing treatment at Dana-Farber or the Jimmy Fund Clinic as well. This would entail a couple of team events and some individual support for the child and their family, plus a little ride day effort, usually an extra stop to meet with our Partner along the way.

So far we have:

Bruce K
Quattro
92 degrees ????

Anyone else interested??

I would need to know by 12/15 as to the level of interest to have the time to get us registered with the PMC. If you commit to this, we as a team, would expect you to follow through with registration, fundraising, etc.

Any suggestions for a team name would also be good, or would the "Serotta On-Line Fourmites" be good enough?

BK

92degrees
11-20-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking hard on this. Thanks for taking it on Bruce!

quattro
11-21-2006, 06:29 AM
As Bruce stated in his earlier post, a Pan Mass Challenge team will be made up of 8-10 people that register for the 2007 PMC in January and wish to be part of a team that will have each rider responsible for raising approximately $3,500 for the Dana Farber/ Jimmy Fund. The 2007 PMC will be held on August 4-5. Don't wait to sign on to be part of this team, as we get closer to registration in January these will be coveted spaces, mark my words! Bruce has offered to create yet another wonderful jersey for the team. There are no more than 8 slots remaining, reserve your place on the team NOW! Bruce will need to know the 8 remaining team members by 12/15. Team name suggestions?

Bruce K
11-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Quattro;

Thanks for the support.

One minor correction, we need AT LEAST 6 or 8 people to make this a worthwhile effort.

I am hoping that we will hear from leftyfreak, davidw, Clutch Cargo, Bradford (if he is coming), and maybe a couple of more folks that there is interest in this. I know bpm is committed to his corporate team (and with matching funds, who wouldn't be?) so he won't be able to join us.

If anyone wanted to be a "Virtual Rider" and raise money for the Dana-Farber even if they could not come and do the ride, that would work too.

You do not have to be a 2-day rider. Even 1-day participants can be part of a team.

I know we have a fair number of PMC'ers on this forum. I would hope we could pull this off.

With fingers crossed,

BK

quattro
11-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Bruce, can we have custom jersey's made for the two of us? :crap:

ClutchCargo
11-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Bruce -- best wishes on gathering a team. I am committed to ride with the team that I have been with since I started doing the PanMass (the guys that introduced me to the event). But you should have no problem getting the numbers you need from the good-hearted (and well-heeled) forumites.

I remember wandering around the flagpole last year and not meeting up . . . we should maybe trade some cell numbers this year. meanwhile I've earmarked Jan 2nd to sign up again. I'm getting the enthusiasm already, just thinkin' about it :) :beer: :)

Bruce K
11-22-2006, 06:39 AM
bump

Gee, I thought there were a whole lot more PMC'ers than this.

So far we've got committed:
Bruce K
Quattro

Definite maybes:
92degrees
davidw (lurker and my lawyer)

Committed to other established teams:
Clutch Cargo
bpm

Again, we need at least 6 committed riders to make this work.

BK

joes
11-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi Bruce

I’d like to join a team however I thought the fund raising minimum was higher for team members. I will be starting in Sturbridge, my daughter volunteers during check in so we make an evening of it. Where will you be starting? If the minimum is the same as the 2 day ride and a Sturbridge start isn’t a problem I’d like to sign up.

Bruce K
11-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Joe;

For a team to be a Heavy Hitter Team and listed in the yearbook the average fundraising for all team members must equal Heavy Hitter status.

If you read the Team description under the PMC/Rides link quattro posted you will see that beyond being part of the team and possibly some involvement with a Pedal PArtner if we chose to, all you are committing to is your "normal" fundraising level. Quattro and I were Heavy Hitters last year. Maybe this year, you will be too.

Quattro and I ride from Wellesley to P'town. Last year leftyfreak did also. Davidw went from Sturbridge to P'town. In any event, we can meet along the route (lunch stop), or at MMA and as a team, ride together on Sunday.

So do we count you in?

BK

joes
11-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Bruce

Yes, please sign me up.

92degrees
11-22-2006, 06:20 PM
joes, where are you from? Steve

joes
11-22-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm form Mansfield

92degrees
11-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm form Mansfield

Got it. I prefer the Sturbridge start too. It's just down the road from me.

Bruce K
11-23-2006, 05:26 AM
Updated roster:
Bruce K
quattro
92degrees (you know you want to)
joes

Questionable:
davidw
leftyfreak
Bradford

Wish they weres ;) :
bpm
Clutch Cargo

I am sure there are a few more out there.....

I will need full names and PMC ID #'s when we get closer. I will solicit this information around 12/15 by PM if we have enough riders to register the team.

BK

Len J
11-23-2006, 09:25 AM
do you take out of towners?

Len

Bruce K
11-23-2006, 09:48 AM
ABSOULETLY!!!

The more the merrier!

I hope we can make this happen and that there is interest in a Pedal Partner as well. I know that will require a little more time and effort but I think it will be very much worthwhile. Whether we adopt one or not will be up to the team when it is formed.

With Len, that would make us 5. 1 more and we can reigster the team with the PMC.

BK

Bradford
11-23-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm still in negotiation, but I'll let you know. We are trying to coordinate a five family trip, so it is complicated.

I already have my own team, but one way or another I'd participate with my forum pals. :beer:

Len J
11-23-2006, 11:52 AM
I needed a goal for next year......this will get me more focused......and I love the cause.

Bruce....you continue to have my admiration.

Len

PS...Do you have a link......let me knowwhat I need to do to register.

Len J
11-23-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm in for the heavy hitter level........
I also agree with Bruce about the Pedal Partner......talk about meaning!

C'mon who else is game?

Len

Len J
11-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Bump............

Bruce K
11-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Still looking for one more rider....

BK

quattro
11-26-2006, 07:29 PM
...one more rider?

Bruce K
11-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Not yet.

Still looking.

BK

Bruce K
11-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Looks like we have:

Bruce K
Quattro
92 degrees
Len J
joes

Leftyfreak is probably on to other charitable works this year.

I am twisting on davidw's arm to get him to commit as that would give us the 6 we need to get the ball rolling.

In the meantime, the more we get the more fun it will be.

BK

Bruce K
11-27-2006, 02:25 PM
OK gang.

Here are the fundraising minimums for this years Pan-Mass Challenge.

I am not sure if these indicated that we are committed or that we should be committed but here you go:

2-day ride ending in Provincetown: $3,600.00
1-day ride ending at Mass Maritime: 2,600.00
Virtual rider: 500.00
Virtual rider receiving riding jersey: 1,000.00

There are some other options but these were the most popular.

Remember, the 2-day rides to P'town sold out on 2/1 last year, and the 1 day rides to MMA sold out by 3/1!!

We are at 5 riders committed to the team and I am leaning on david really hard to try and make this happen.

Anyone else doing the PMC and not committed to an existing team is welcome to join us.

BK

Bruce K
11-28-2006, 10:05 AM
I have been in contact with Dave Powers at Serotta and they are solidly behind this effort.

No, they will not be supplying us with matching Meivici's (DRAT :crap: ), but we are going to be able to use the name and the artwork one more time.

No other details yet.

Still need at least 1 more rider.

BK

wwtsui
11-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Bruce -- best wishes on gathering a team. I am committed to ride with the team that I have been with since I started doing the PanMass (the guys that introduced me to the event). But you should have no problem getting the numbers you need from the good-hearted (and well-heeled) forumites.

I remember wandering around the flagpole last year and not meeting up . . . we should maybe trade some cell numbers this year. meanwhile I've earmarked Jan 2nd to sign up again. I'm getting the enthusiasm already, just thinkin' about it :) :beer: :)

Bruce,
I'm in the same situation as ClutchCargo -- committed to ride with the team that got me through my first PMC this year -- but would love to connect with other forumites at MMA.

Good luck getting the team together!