PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Day to All

Sandy
11-20-2006, 08:19 AM
I know that it is a few days early, but wishing all a most Happy Thanksgiving Day. May we all reflect on how fortunate we are. Enjoy a bike ride and a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with family and friends. Perhaps do a little something for someone a little less fortunate.

Tom Turkey

William
11-20-2006, 08:27 AM
I know that it is a few days early, but wishing all a most Happy Thanksgiving Day. May we all reflect on how fortunate we are. Enjoy a bike ride and a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with family and friends. Perhaps do a little something for someone a little less fortunate.

Tom Turkey

Same to you Sandy...And all my forum buddies.

http://www.antigeist.com/archives/16884-Happy%20Thanksgiving.jpg

William

Sandy
11-20-2006, 08:30 AM
What a wonderful photo! It simply makes you smile!

:) ing Sandy

george
11-20-2006, 08:39 AM
gobble gobble gobble gobble...early Thanksgiving morning I am jumping out of bed and running my annual Turkey Trot (8K). I have been running on Thanksgiving day Turket Trot for five consecutive years, followed with a great big feast with FAMILY...

P.S. the dog/cat pilgram photo is awesome and an original!

manet
11-20-2006, 03:57 PM

Kevan
11-20-2006, 04:24 PM
http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/wishbone_180_tcm3-64483.jpg

BumbleBeeDave
11-20-2006, 04:39 PM

DGMcGinty
11-20-2006, 04:41 PM
In Florida, we start the morning with a 7:00am combined ride. We have a 20, 30 or 40 mile option. All leave together and depending on ability, we get back together. It is an annual event with 70 + riders of all levels of ability. Later, we have the meal at our house with MANY different meals. Turkey, Jerked Goat, Grooper, Beef. And the rest of the weekend is spent in community service....Until noon on saturday and then its the Florida/FSU game. Then we don't talk to each other for another year.

Typical Southern Thanksgiving.

All the Best. Ride well to be well. Peace

David

Sandy
11-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Nice post! Welcome to the forum.

Stuffing Serotta Sandy

Kevin
11-20-2006, 07:59 PM
I go into NYC to watch the parade every year. The kids have a blast. We rent a hotel room with two views of the parade. Its on the 8th floor, so it is the same height as the passing balloons. Its quite a site. The night before we go see the balloons get inflated.

Now that I have told you the holiday story version, let me give you the side that only the fathers in the group will undertstand.

The hotel room is low enough that we hear the street traffic all night long, which includes DOT setting up the barricades. :crap: My wife wakes me up at 5 in the morning. I then go down to the street and save a spot for the kids so they can watch the parade from the curb. It is normally about 30 degrees when I get down to the street. :crap: I then spend the next 3 and 1/2 hours *****ing that even though I have spent an obscene amount of money on a hotel room with a view, I am left trying to defend the sitting spaces for 5 children. :crap: By the time the kids arrive at 8:30, I am cold and pissed off. :fight:

But the fun does not end there. While my wife and kids sit on the curb, I am sent to the local bagel store to get breakfast for the family. :bike: Keep in mind that in order to get to the bagel store I have to get through the 100,000 people on the sidewalk. :crap: Once I get to the bagel store, I have to wait on line behind 50 people and then make my way back to the curb. I usually get to the curb about the same time the parade arrives, i.e. 9:15. The kids watch the parade and finish their breakfast by 9:30 and then announce that they are cold and want to watch the rest of the parade from the hotel room. :crap: Despite the fact that I am frozen to the core, my wife says "kids will be kids". :bike:

We then abandon the curbside seating that I fought to protect for four hours, and we return to the hotel room.

Notwithstanding my griping, the kids will only remember the first paragraph. So life is good.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Kevin

Sandy
11-20-2006, 08:13 PM
You are quite the dad and husband. Really! Do you ever adopt old men? I will walk and play with your new dog when you get her or him. :)

Sandy

oracle
11-20-2006, 08:28 PM
save a turkey! (http://simulatedcomicproduct.com/comics/TDK.png)

p.s. happy thanksgiving to everyone!

gasman
11-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Kevin-

You get the Dad of the day award. Good for you.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Think of me as I work on Friday.

William
11-21-2006, 05:26 AM
Kevin-

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Think of me as I work on Friday.

http://mamamontezz.mu.nu/archives/creosote.JPG

We'll be thinking of you gasman....until the tryptophan high starts kicki...ng...i...n...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

William ;)

Kevin
11-21-2006, 06:32 AM
You are quite the dad and husband. Really! Do you ever adopt old men? I will walk and play with your new dog when you get her or him. :)

Sandy

Sandy,

If I ever decide to adopt an old man, you will be at the top of the list. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Kevin

Kevan
11-21-2006, 06:42 AM
So me and my extended family will meet you and yours at the Sheraton, room 818, say at 7a.m.

Can I bring anything? Bagels?

Hey, might just see you at the balloon blowing up party tomorrow night. I'll wear my helmet.

Sandy
11-21-2006, 06:48 AM
So me and my extended family will meet you and yours at the Sheraton, room 818, say at 7a.m.

Hey, might just see you at the balloon blowing up party tomorrow night. I'll wear my helmet.

I don't get it. I thought that we were staying in room 819. I told you that I was bringing bagels for all of us. :rolleyes:

Sandy

Kevan
11-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Mother?!

Kevin
11-21-2006, 07:15 AM

You win the award. I probably should not post this, but what the h3ll. It is the Sheraton and it is room 818. How did you do that? Are you another parade person? :confused:

Kevin

Bruce K
11-21-2006, 07:23 AM
Everyone travel safe this holiday weekend.

Enjoy your time with family and freinds.

BK

Kevan
11-21-2006, 07:31 AM
You win the award. I probably should not post this, but what the h3ll. It is the Sheraton and it is room 818. How did you do that? Are you another parade person? :confused:

Kevin

And just a crazy guess. While I will be in the city tomorrow I doubt I'll be getting the crowd to do much more than a museum visit and dinner. It might be just too cold to stand around watching guys huff-n-puff the balloons full.

Have fun!

P.S. I won't tell you the kinky things that have gone on in good ol' room 818. Just don't sit in the chair in the corner of the room; I doubt it has had time to dry out.

RABikes2
11-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Be safe and enjoy the day! :banana:
Happy Thanksgiving!
RA

dbrk
11-21-2006, 09:15 PM
William Blake once wrote that "Gratitude is Heaven Itself." I've always found this the closest I will ever come to comprehending what Heaven might be and feel grateful that it's not beyond our earthly experience. Enjoy yourselves, all! I feel privileged to keep your company and thankful to our hosts for their gracious venue.

dbrk

Kevin
11-22-2006, 02:38 PM
I am off to the parade. I hope that everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. :beer:

Kevin

fiamme red
11-22-2006, 02:48 PM

KevinStay out of the rain. Watch from the hotel window. :beer:

pjm
11-22-2006, 02:49 PM

Kevin
Don't stand under any streetlights! ;)

72gmc
11-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, all. Thanks for the forum, the moderators, the pimped bikes, the remarkable collective intelligence, and the remarkable lack of same.

Enjoy those mashed potato volcanoes! I know I will.

William
11-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, all. Thanks for the forum, the moderators, the pimped bikes, the remarkable collective intelligence, and the remarkable lack of same.

Enjoy those mashed potato volcanoes! I know I will.

http://www.edtech.esc11.net/~jabel/000149ac-80000001/artifacts/MovieTribute/mt_images/story_potatoSculpt.jpg

A happy and safe Thanksgiving to y'all!! :banana:

William

Kevan
11-22-2006, 05:43 PM

Kevin

I felt pretty much the fool yelling, "Serotta Kevin?!... Serotta Kevin?!"

One of NYPD's finest walked up to me and told me to shudap, I was starting to scare the kids and their parents.

Sorry Kevin, I was there for the baloon filling, drizzle and all. We must have just missed one another.

Sandy
11-22-2006, 09:42 PM
It wasn't the shouting that scared the kids! :rolleyes:

Sandy

PS- Happy Thanksgiving to you, Mrs. Kevan, your kids, and the attack dogs.

Kevin
11-23-2006, 12:10 PM
I felt pretty much the fool yelling, "Serotta Kevin?!... Serotta Kevin?!"

One of NYPD's finest walked up to me and told me to shudap, I was starting to scare the kids and their parents.

Sorry Kevin, I was there for the baloon filling, drizzle and all. We must have just missed one another.

I heard you, but my wife told me that if I answered and spent the night talking about bicycles that I would be sleeping in the rain.

Kevin

FierteTi52
11-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!! Today, I have plenty to be thankful for. Went out for a 42 mile group ride on the Kirk, the sun is out with blue skies, enjoyed a beer in the hot tub, and now off to dinner with friends and family. Today has been a great day! :beer:
Jeff