PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cayman Islands

HenryA
01-09-2019, 12:10 PM
Not bike related. Who has been there? Please tell me about your experience. I’m thinking about a trip there which will include some flats fishing, but wonder about the general ambiance of the islands. Is it all big busy hotels on the beach? Is it possible to escape that scene?

Thanks in advance.

R3awak3n
01-09-2019, 12:42 PM
I just got back from there, like a month ago or so.

Can't help with the fishing because I did none. We have a time share there, at the other end of the island. Its very nice because its quite, its a resort but when we go is off season so not many people there which to me is heaven.

The island vibe is excellent, really love it there. Beautiful place, everyone is super nice very safe. Negative aspects is that its pretty expensive, food, ect.

I will return of course, its my second time and its a great place.

Irishgirl
01-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Love love this island (truthfully love great beaches) and love the people. They have done a great job of rebuilding after Ivan hit in 2004.
I use to travel to this island regularly for work and haven’t been for awhile. Many times I found myself sneaking away to the beach and bumming a snorkel to view the natural beautiful in the ocean.

Go... bump around...the island it isn’t that big...and there are many great little snorkel areas off the best and path to explore. I’m no help on the fishing - never been....yet...trying sport fishing the end of the month going out of Fort Lauderdale for Sailfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk