PDA

View Full Version : New Coeur d'Acier, need to sell Fierte - ideas?

Spinsistah
05-02-2004, 07:21 PM
I just purchased a Coeur d'Acier and would like to sell my 2003 Fierte. It's 58 cm compact geometry, Campy Proton wheelset, Conti GP 3000 tires, Ultegra triple, DA rear derailleur, 3T Zepp XL stem and bars, flight deck harness, etc. 2000 miles. Any suggestions as to where and how much I should ask for this bike? I know about eBay. Thanks.

csb
05-02-2004, 08:49 PM
1. price : ?
2. place : roadbike review classifieds.

va rider
05-03-2004, 07:12 AM
You have an easy sale, just use eBay. You will reach a large number of buyers and it will only cost you about $40-$50.

I recently sold a 59 cm 2000 ti Eddy Merckx w/ Ultegra on eBay. The sale was simple and presented no problems.

Here are my thoughts, for whatever that is worth. Start off with a $500 bid and set a reasonable reserve price, maybe $1400 (?). Also, make sure you list that the buyer will pick up packaging by a bike shop, shipping and insurance (approx. $75). I also listed the item with a 7 day no questions refund. That seemed to attract a number of bids.

In the end, I did pretty well on the bike and my buyer was happy.

Good Luck.

Spinsistah
05-03-2004, 08:38 AM
Thank you, that sounds like the way to go. I have an interested party locally, but he needs to get fitted to see if the frame is the right size for him. If he doesn't take it, I'll list it on eBay.