PDA

View Full Version : OT: Foles is da man

duff_duffy
01-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Who was praying for that kick to hit the upright? Thank you.

Spaghetti Legs
01-06-2019, 07:22 PM
I have to wonder what Carson Wentz was praying for. Has to hurt a little to see Foles do this for maybe second year in a row. My in-laws live in Chicagoland so I was kinda hoping for a Bears win. Also I hate to see kickers miss big ones like that. Has to kill knowing that he nailed the practice one.

wtex
01-06-2019, 07:59 PM
Glad to see Philly win, but hate for Chicago to lose that way. I've had too many teams I've rooted for lose on kicks like that. Wish the game had ended 1 minute earlier.

Hawker
01-06-2019, 08:02 PM
After hitting the "practice kick" I thought it was a done deal. Maybe that's what the kicker was thinking that as well? None the less...that was wild. I'm a Foles fan so happy for the result.

Matthew
01-06-2019, 08:06 PM
This is why it's great to be a Lion's fan. No pressure kicks, no last minute crushing losses in the playoffs. Winning 8 or 9 games is like winning a Superbowl.

sokyroadie
01-06-2019, 08:17 PM
Just a shame that Foles will likely be gone B4 next year. It would be hard to let him go if they win the SB again.

Hawker
01-06-2019, 08:25 PM
And if he wins the SB again...boy will his price go up. With the Eagles and just about every other NFL team. Hope he has a good agent. He seems to be a quality guy too.

pinkshogun
01-06-2019, 08:44 PM
Bradys replacement next year

72gmc
01-06-2019, 11:49 PM

Yes, but as an Eagle. Let him be the next backup-to-big-shot story and let the dynasty pass to a new team. America is tired of loathing the patriots.

ojingoh
01-07-2019, 03:18 AM

more like Eli's.

soulspinner
01-07-2019, 05:52 AM
Windy conditions it hits BOTH uprights and falls out. Cant see the Eagles going much further but the Rams have to be happy...they didn't score a td in their loss to the Bears this season.

commonguy001
01-07-2019, 05:59 AM
If Chicago rested their starters last week and gave a freebie to the Vikes they’d have won by double digits yesterday. Now they have all offseason to think about that clank off the upright. At least they won a meaningless game in week 17.

nickl
01-07-2019, 09:57 AM
If Chicago rested their starters last week and gave a freebie to the Vikes they’d have won by double digits yesterday. Now they have all offseason to think about that clank off the upright. At least they won a meaningless game in week 17.

The betting line had the Bears as big favorites so there are a few bookies and professional bettors missing car payments this month.

Ozz
01-07-2019, 10:30 AM
After hitting the "practice kick" I thought it was a done deal. Maybe that's what the kicker was thinking that as well? None the less...that was wild. I'm a Foles fan so happy for the result.

Eagles D is saying they got a hand (http://www.philly.com/eagles/eagles-bears-cody-parkey-field-goal-tipped-treyvon-hester-nfl-playoffs-20190107.html)on it.....

MattTuck
01-07-2019, 11:08 AM

I've gotta say, as someone from New England, they have not looked especially sharp this year. That they have a first round bye is, when you think about it, quite incredible.

It sounds like their coaching staff is being actively nibbled away by other teams.

Brady may have a couple more years in him, but I don't see an heir apparent waiting in the wings.

tv_vt
01-07-2019, 11:11 AM
Who was praying for that kick to hit the upright?

Not me. :crap: :mad: