PDA

View Full Version : WR Composti clamp advice

pjbaz
01-03-2019, 06:24 PM
I'm toying with the idea of buying one of their posts for my Duende but was curious what your thoughts are regarding the two different clamps on the RS and WRC. Any real-life experience or comments?

https://ciclicorsa.com/bicycle-parts/seatposts/

TIA,
J

seedster2
01-03-2019, 07:30 PM
I have the WRC seatpost on my Protos and have no complaints. It has been reliable and easy to adjust. Finish has been top notch and Ciclicorsa service was exceptional. I dont have any experience with the RS seatpost

Dino Suegiù
01-03-2019, 09:23 PM
I use both variants.

The RS is the older, slightly heavier, more "traditional" model that was specified on Pegoretti, etc. frames (and I think also re-branded as Colnago/etc. for a few years), whereas the WRC is the newer, slightly lighter design. Aesthetically I like the RS, on my Marcelo.

Even though the WRC clamp uses two bridges to save some grams, in practice the installation and adjustment procedure between the one-piece RS clamp and two-piece WRC clamp is basically the same operation.

The choice really comes down to setback (since the WRC is only offered in 20mm); weight, if that is an issue; or personal aesthetics. Both are excellent components, and CicliCorsa is a great shop. You can specify either matte or glossy finish and white or stealth black graphics on either model. Rider weight limit is the same. You cannot go wrong with either choice, really.

pjbaz
01-03-2019, 10:40 PM
Cool, thanks for your input! Now, do I "need" a new seatpost? :bike:

bitpuddle
01-03-2019, 11:36 PM
I have no direct experience, but they seem like a very good carbon shop. They don’t just do bike parts. There are a few articles about them on the web and they seem very quality-focused.

I’d trust any of their parts, though the wheels are a little conventional (narrow). Their frames look nice, too.

Charles M
01-04-2019, 08:38 AM
WR are making very good stuff...

Campy had WR make their launch bikes for the journo launch of 12 speed in the Canary islands and all of the parts (and frames) were excellent.

The post you're looking at is a quality piece that happens to also be relatively light.

And yes, you "need" anything related to a bike. In fact, you should get 2 and build another whole bike around the second post...

nmrt
01-04-2019, 09:53 AM
Our hearts lie in the same place....:banana:

Campy had WR make their launch bikes for the journo launch of 12 speed in the Canary islands and all of the parts (and frames) were excellent.

The post you're looking at is a quality piece that happens to also be relatively light.

And yes, you "need" anything related to a bike. In fact, you should get 2 and build another whole bike around the second post...

pjbaz
01-04-2019, 01:37 PM

I already have 2 Pegs ... so I'm almost sorted with odd-sized posts lol

martl
01-06-2019, 02:09 AM

Friend of mine, ex-pro who is "in the business", holds them in high regard.

fa63
01-06-2019, 06:27 AM
Looks like the WRC uses a clamp similar to what 3T used to use with Doric/Dorico seatposts. The Dorico was the only seatpost where I couldn't get the saddle to not slip in the clamp... But then again I am a fat bastard (100 kg); this may not be an issue for lighter riders.

pjbaz
01-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Looks like the WRC uses a clamp similar to what 3T used to use with Doric/Dorico seatposts. The Dorico was the only seatpost where I couldn't get the saddle to not slip in the clamp... But then again I am a fat bastard (100 kg); this may not be an issue for lighter riders.

I'm leaning toward the RS bc the clamp looks like it will give me a bit more adjustability with the rails on my preferred saddle (the reason I'm thinking of ditching the Thomson, sadly), and I'm only 170 so I shouldn't move things too much lol