PDA

View Full Version : Foot getting 'smaller'

cinema
01-03-2019, 10:10 AM
For the past 2-3 years I have been using arch support insoles in my cycling shoes. I ride a lot. I used to ride 200+ miles a week. I have noticed something strange over a period of time. My feet are getting smaller and shoes I have no longer fit. That's because I can see my arch building up due to using support insoles (i think). I never had much arch a few years ago and always wore flat shoes. That's no longer the case. I have many expensive size 10 shoes that no longer fit me and I now fit 8.5 shoes. Probably like 500-$1k worth of kicks. Crazy. Is there any way to salvage these old shoes, i have a ton of them i enjoyed wearing. Bigger socks get hot and uncomfortable. are there certain insoles that take up a lot of space and could make the shoe effectively feel smaller?

bikinchris
01-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Dunno, but I have the opposite problem. I used to wear 45s. Now I measure as a 48. EE. So It's not easy to get shoes.

Maybe you could get some thick socks that aren't dense?

Gummee
01-03-2019, 02:29 PM
are you sitting down more that you used to?

M

notsew
01-03-2019, 03:03 PM
That seems like a really dramatic change. But I know nothing about feet.

I've got some dress shoes I've gotten for really good deals and had to insole up (down?) a size. It works fine, but I don't think I'd want to do that for cycling shoes. To much pressure all over the place.

At least 10 is a common size, I'm sure you could recoup some towards a new 8.5 collection!