PDA

View Full Version : Full of Questions Tonight...Campy 50th Info

trophyoftexas
11-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I've been working on gathering the components that I want to use on the Kellogg 30th Anniv. frame that I got and have pretty well decided to make it a Nuovo Record project....at least as close to 100% as I can get. That is until today....a friend that is helping with the gathering process voiced the great idea that I should make it all 50th Anniversary stuff! He has a friend that has two gruppo's, one mint and, basically, not for sale....UNLESS I want to go the multi-thousand dollar route, NOT! He also has a full gruppo that he has used on a couple of his nicer rides...total miles of about 2500 +/-. He said that he will get in touch and get his friend to gather everything together and shoot me a price....this is where I need some help. I have NO idea as to what to expect him to offer this to me for and no idea as to what is generally accepted to be a reasonable amount to pay for something like this....can anyone help with a little advice based on either personal knowledge of past sales of these items or at least based on your assessment of what you would advise someone to expect to pay? I'm getting pretty "in touch" with what to expect on NOS items from this era but this one is "out there" in terms of collectability, etc. HELP!!! Thanks in advance!

pale scotsman
11-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Kevin slapped one on his 20th anniversary Serotta for $1,500 with ~ 200 miles on the kit. http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=7071&highlight=50th

I'm guessing offer him a grand and ride in style...

A.L.Breguet
11-19-2006, 03:24 AM
As with any "collectible", the price is dictated by the sellers level of desire to sell, and the buyers level of desire to buy.
Sounds simple, but the price that makes you both happy is the right price. :)

YO!!!
11-19-2006, 05:51 AM
Kevin slapped one on his 20th anniversary Serotta for $1,500 with ~ 200 miles on the kit. http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=7071&highlight=50th

I'm guessing offer him a grand and ride in style...

The $1500 number is a sweet spot. People ask thousands more for NOS and rarely ever sell 'em for more than $2000.

Aesthetically I prefer the standard Campagnolo Nuovo/Super Record gear. The 50th adds no style points and to my eye actually detracts from the classic looks of the standard gear.

BTW...the Super Record rear derailleur shifting is far superior to the Nuovo Record...other than that parts is parts.