PDA

View Full Version : Forza rims. Any reviews?

makoti
01-01-2019, 09:03 PM
I have two sets of Pacenti wheels & thinking of jumping on the Amnesty program https://www.pacenticycledesign.com/pages/rim-amnesty. Thing is, I really like my current rims & have never had an issue. V1's. I know they have had cracking problems, but not mine. I'm thinking that I might want to get two new sets, just to be in front of things & sooner or later, they will wear out.
Has anyone used them? Compare them to the older version? Easy to build with? The deal goes until the end of the month, so I have time to mull this over but it is really tempting.

saab2000
01-02-2019, 05:26 AM
I have a set, laced to Wheels Mfg. hubs. They were built by Eric of Ergott Wheels fame and have been dead reliable, as have my other Pacenti wheels built, including others built by him. These hubs are no longer available but the Boyd 85s have similar geometry AFAIK and are probably a bit less expensive. Ask a source.

The Forza wheels are my favorite hand built wheels. I'm a believer in the offset drilling on the rear wheel and the internal rim width is 20mm or so. I've had zero issues.

I am planning another set in 2019.

Mine are 24 front, 28 rear and I'm no lightweight rider...... Zero issues.

oldpotatoe
01-02-2019, 06:26 AM
I have two sets of Pacenti wheels & thinking of jumping on the Amnesty program https://www.pacenticycledesign.com/pages/rim-amnesty. Thing is, I really like my current rims & have never had an issue. V1's. I know they have had cracking problems, but not mine. I'm thinking that I might want to get two new sets, just to be in front of things & sooner or later, they will wear out.
Has anyone used them? Compare them to the older version? Easy to build with? The deal goes until the end of the month, so I have time to mull this over but it is really tempting.

Good deal for those who have these rims..not great for those of us who were wheelbuilders and got them in the past. I applaud the new owners for stepping up and recognizing the issues with the first gens of these rims but also a reason some of us wheelbuilders decided to not use Pacenti rims.