PDA

View Full Version : Another HSG question

saab2000
11-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Why do the HSG carbon and the HSG Ti and IT models have different TT slope?

Looking forward to the full introduction of these models!! One of these could replace both the Look and the Merckx.........

Smiley
11-18-2006, 03:29 PM
I am pretty sure they are sloped to the max of 3-4 degree's which is what the allowance is with the carbone lugs. This way you can get the most stand over for each model available.

05Fierte TI
11-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I really like the idea of the HSG, unfortunately, I do not think I will fit. I would like the dimensions of the 58 cm with the head tube of the 60 cm bike. The top tube of the 60 cm frame is too long, bummer!!!

I called my fitter on this one, he confirmed my suspicions. I would likely not have enough weight on the front tire with the 60 cm frame as the top tube is too long and would then necessitate a short stem. I will see him for a full fitting to make sure, but I do not think it will work for me.

Saab, you must have very different dimensions than me or you can take much more saddle to bar drop than I can.

saab2000
11-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Saab, you must have very different dimensions than me or you can take much more saddle to bar drop than I can.

Prolly.

But the 56 is the one that has the right length TT for me and the headtube is much shorter than I am used to. This Merckx has about a 15 or 15.5 headtube.

Gotta go measure it.

BTW, this pic is kinda old. The fork and seatpost are different now. The Reynolds fork is way better than this Look HSC3.