PDA

View Full Version : Zwifters of the world - Help me out

bianchi10
12-28-2018, 02:07 PM
I've done a little searching but have not found any answers for this. Didn't know if I'm missing something or need to change settings.

Equipment used:
I'm riding on my smart insideride motion rollers with resistence motor, which is a very high quality set of rollers. I'm on my tarmac with sworks Power meter
and I've done all the updates that I'm aware of.

Issue:
My avatar seems to have CRAZY fast spinning legs even when my cadence is around 80-90. I dont think im losing power or anything, but my avatar will have a wicked fast cadence. Ill be in a race putting down 4.5 watts/kg and around 90rpm in with the peleton and people notice and text, whats with the fast legs!? My cadence pn the bike is not matching what my avatar is doing. As long as im not losing power, im not really TOO concerned, BUT it does bother me when im watching the screen and everyone is pedalling along and my guy looks like he is on crack lol.

Any ideas on why this is happening or if there is a setting i need to adjust?

redir
12-28-2018, 02:38 PM
I didn't even know that the avatar legs would even match your cadence. I'll have to check that out. I've no idea sorry. Is your connection solid?

makoti
12-28-2018, 02:46 PM
Never seen this, but my guess would be a faulty ant+ connection with your cadence. Maybe try unpairing/re-pair? The Avatars often are doing stuff that makes no sense - standing when I'm not, taking a drink in a downhill corner, but never really fast spinning.

bianchi10
12-28-2018, 02:58 PM
Never seen this, but my guess would be a faulty ant+ connection with your cadence. Maybe try unpairing/re-pair? The Avatars often are doing stuff that makes no sense - standing when I'm not, taking a drink in a downhill corner, but never really fast spinning.

Yeah ill have to check the ant+ to make sure its a good connection. I wouldn't expect the avatar to know when i was drinking or even standing on the bike because there is no motion detection on that, but I would think the cadence would match my PM output. Its consistent too, while others around me look to spin normal.

ergott
12-28-2018, 03:30 PM
I would make sure cadence is paired with crank. If that isn't giving you correct cadence maybe the accelerometer in crank is acting up? Have you checked cadence output of crank in file after a ride?

commonguy001
12-28-2018, 04:53 PM
The built in cadence with my Neo does that but it also shows 160-200 rpm on the screen. If that’s what’s happening to you I’d try a separate cadence sensor which is what I did.
Agreed it looks wonky

makoti
12-28-2018, 05:47 PM
Yeah ill have to check the ant+ to make sure its a good connection. I wouldn't expect the avatar to know when i was drinking or even standing on the bike because there is no motion detection on that, but I would think the cadence would match my PM output. Its consistent too, while others around me look to spin normal.

https://zwiftinsider.com/stand-up/

What you see is not what others see, but if others see you spinning fast then that's interesting.

notsew
12-28-2018, 06:05 PM
Related to this (or maybe just adjacent to this - and sorry for the drift), my cadence when I'm in a workout mode is seems to be calculated by some combination of watts and incline, not what I'm actually doing... I do have a cadence sensor and it seems to work okay when I'm not doing a work out. Really annoying

dem
12-28-2018, 07:16 PM
Feed your logs to zwiftalizer - it will give you some data on your ANT dropouts, etc.

https://zwiftalizer.com/

Wayne77
12-29-2018, 01:28 AM
This happens to me anytime I start a ride with my cadence sensor synced then step away for awhile and come back and start riding again...looks like my guy is spinning about 1000 rpm for a 10 seconds or so until it reconnects. It probably has something to do with signal dropouts. If you don’t make any headway figuring it out, I’d ditch the cadence sensor...it’s a nice to have but not required.

makoti
12-29-2018, 09:37 AM
This happens to me anytime I start a ride with my cadence sensor synced then step away for awhile and come back and start riding again...looks like my guy is spinning about 1000 rpm for a 10 seconds or so until it reconnects. It probably has something to do with signal dropouts. If you don’t make any headway figuring it out, I’d ditch the cadence sensor...it’s a nice to have but not required.

This triggered a thought.
When I started I had major problems with this. Usually the power would drop to 0, but I guess it would effect other things. Problem was my computer was too far from the trainer (it was only about 4 feet away, but that was enough). You can get around this by getting a long cord for your ANT dongle & place it under or at least much closer to the trainer. Got mine on Amazon for about $6, I think.

Wormiez
12-31-2018, 05:53 PM
It sounds like you have it calibrated in-correctly and possibly have it synced in-correctly.

What are you using to calibrate? The phone app? Or the window QUBO app.

Are you verifying your flat road speed/watt in game, with your bike computer?

bigbill
12-31-2018, 06:27 PM
This triggered a thought.
When I started I had major problems with this. Usually the power would drop to 0, but I guess it would effect other things. Problem was my computer was too far from the trainer (it was only about 4 feet away, but that was enough). You can get around this by getting a long cord for your ANT dongle & place it under or at least much closer to the trainer. Got mine on Amazon for about $6, I think.

I had to do this all well with my KICKR. My guy would just randomly quit pedaling and slow down until I moved the ANT adapter back by the unit.

bianchi10
12-31-2018, 09:55 PM
Well I have my dongle about a half inch away from my Rollers where the motor and brains are so i dont think I can get it much closer. My guy doesn't stop and appear to have drop outs in power. I'll have to upload a file to the link someone provided above to see if I'm having dropouts or not.

Wormiez
12-31-2018, 10:33 PM
The symptoms of what you described is not related to a bad connection. With a bad ant+ connection in Zwift, you will have spikes in your data, your avatar will still appear in Zwift riding normally.

I have the inside-ride E-Motion rollers and can replicate the crazy Zwift avatar spinning. It occurs when your rollers are not calibrated and you have incorrectly paired the devices wrong.

There is a correct order to launch and start Zwift. If you don't wake up your PM and launch Zwift, it will incorrectly pair the wrong controllable trainer. You won't feel any gradient and your avatar barely moves

This occurs because the concept of inside-ride E-Motion rollers is backwards to what Zwift thinks. The out-of-box calibration is setup for a standard controllable trainer that is in-correct to rollers.

uber
01-01-2019, 01:09 AM
I had a similar issue on my Tacx Neo until I did a software update.

bianchi10
01-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Duh..#Facepalm......

I didn't have my PM selected as my cadence. Fixed