PDA

View Full Version : bike stuff contest

alienator
11-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Fairwheel Bikes, in Tucson, is having another contest on their forum site (http://fairwheelbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1729). In the past they've given away some pretty nice swag, like custom made bar/stem combos, AX Lightness seatposts, Shimano's top level shoes, pedals, and all sorts of other stuff. This contest is a bit different in that instead of being bike related, to enter all you have to is make a donation--$5 minimum--to the children's charity linked on their contest page. I don't know if you have to register at the forum or not. FWB isn't making any payolas off of this. They're just good Joes.

At any rate, FWB doesn't SPAM or any of that crap, but they do give a lot back to the cycling community. This time, they decided in addition to giving something back to the cycling community, that they'd encourage cyclists to give something back to others in the holiday spirit.

Go to the link above if interested, or not. It's up to you. I'm not one of their employees, ain't sponsored by 'em, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

ergott
11-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Hey there alienator. Come chat here more often. You wit and wisdom fit right in.

alienator
11-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Well I dunno about all that Ergott, but there is this....

Update: One of the drawing prizes is now known. Zero Gravity has donated a set of 07 Ti brakes as one of the prizes. Additionally, ZG is giving $1000 to the charity. There are other prizes to be won, too.

Again, all it takes to enter the drawing for the prizes is making a minimum of a $5 donation to the charity. In my first post of this thread, I included the link to the contest page which has all of the instructions.

swoop
11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
the charity it's connected to is the real deal. that guy that started survuved auschwitz, came to florida with nothing, and worked his way up.. until he owned a chain of hotels.

he's a really brilliant sweet guy that as a way to come to terms with what he lost to the war, built this place for kids that are working through terminal illness. he picks up the tab for the family.... and tries to give the kids a childhood.. because he knows what its like to not have one.

so.. big thumbs up from this corner of the peanut gallery.

alienator
11-26-2006, 10:03 PM
To add to the list of things being given away in this contest....the owners of Carbon Sports--the people who make Lightweight wheels--have donated the original winner's jersey from the 2006 Munich 6 day race, and the jersey is signed by Eric Zabel. Very nice.

Remember, your donations are for terminally ill children. Fairwheel bike is making nothing from this. The minimum donation to enter is $5.

Bill Bove
11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
I stopped in at FWB a couple of times when my sister lived in Tucson, the shop has a very cool vibe. I'll toss 'em a fiver and maybe come up with some bling :banana: