PDA

View Full Version : Hey! All You Old Hippies

Bill Bove
05-02-2004, 01:15 PM
No, not you hipster doofus', real Ben&Jerry types. Remember Kalso Earth Shoes? They're back! www.earth.us I walked all over Europe in a pair of these back in the '70's. Can't wait to get another pair.

JohnS
05-02-2004, 03:08 PM
Those were the worst shoes of all time. They stretched your achilles way out. They always advertised that it was like walking on the beach. Walking on a beach is one of the most uncomfortable things to do. All your weight is on your heel instead of being spread across your entire sole.

M_A_Martin
05-02-2004, 10:44 PM
They evidently never went away. I've had a pair for a year or two...they've been really helpful keeping my legs stretched out a little more than usual...

Of course, I've been teased unmercifully by old hippies who used to wear them...

Jollymon
05-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Those are just about the ugliest shoes I have ever seen...all but the clogs look like "earth" raided a closet on the set of Eight is Enough...or Grizzly Adams for one "style"...and could you imagine the stank oozing out of those boots after a few hot days...goodness...

Kevan
05-03-2004, 06:55 AM
and later when I fell in love with sailing, Sperry topsiders were my uniform shoes from age 13-22. Those Clarks were wonderful. You got me thinking...

victoryfactory
05-03-2004, 07:26 AM
Even as self conscious, drugged out, long haired, goofy, army surplus clad, paisly bell bottomed suede fringed jacket wearing Woodstock east coast hippie wanabees in 1968, we still laughed at earth shoes.

Victory Factory, who hitch hiked to San Francisco in 1969, got his butt kicked, and found out that the hippie thing was already over by then