PDA

View Full Version : Is PlanetX legit?

Veloo
12-25-2018, 05:27 AM
Browsing for other things and came across ridiculously cheap Carnac helmets on the site and then found a bunch of other Carnac products.

Is Carnac not defunct?
Prices would suggest some kind of Alibaba scheme too.

If legit, they unfortunately don't seem to ship the helmets to North America. At least not to Canada.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/s?q=carnac

KonaSS
12-25-2018, 05:28 AM
Yes, legit. They have been around a long time. Their high shipping (at least to US) offsets most of the bargains I find and keeps me from purchasing.

Clean39T
12-25-2018, 12:25 PM
Yes, legit. They have been around a long time. Their high shipping (at least to US) offsets most of the bargains I find and keeps me from purchasing.Legit. They ship DHL and it gets here fast. You need to order enough to offset shipping, so they are more of a bulk-purchase option. Returns are cost-prohibitive too, so factor that in..

I want a pair of the Iribe bottle cages they have :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JAGI410
12-25-2018, 12:54 PM
It's like the road side of On-One, the MTB brand. Very good stuff. They used to have a Portland, OR warehouse and shipping was reasonable but that didn't last.

belopsky
12-25-2018, 01:02 PM
As others said, legit. Last time I placed an order for a few odds and ends at a good price that made the shipping worth i

doomridesout
12-25-2018, 01:58 PM
You probably won't get a helmet shipped because they're likely not CPSC stickered.

ultraman6970
12-25-2018, 04:11 PM
remember a planetx usa...

btw, a lot of carnac stuff, interesting.

pbarry
12-25-2018, 07:55 PM
The Carnac offerings look way too cheap to be legit. Might be offered by whoever owns the name, but I would guess no affiliation with the shoe company.

ultraman6970
12-25-2018, 08:16 PM
Carnac shoes are out of production because an italian company bought them, since years that there's no shoes but the ones that are for sale there are the last models produced. As for the other carnac stuff no idea, probably the italians are producing clothing and leaving the shoes out?

TREEfool
12-26-2018, 10:16 AM
I was just researching this question 3 days ago. I decided to go for it and pre-ordered a Planet X xla frame set. the price was 170 so even with the 130 shipping cost it was still way cheaper for an Alu/Carbon framset than anything I could find in the US.

erolorhun
12-26-2018, 05:43 PM
Yes, legit. The road arm of OnOne as another member mentioned above.

Having clicked the link, those are some good prices, might be tempted to round up a few things. Live in Sweden so S&H maybe not as bloody as for forumites across the pond...

doomridesout
12-26-2018, 10:23 PM
Looking again at the helmets, they look exactly like various unbranded direct-from-China helmets on Amazon and eBay. See the Evade knockoff. I would not trust my brain case to these lids.

Veloo
12-26-2018, 10:35 PM
Was also thinking that those Notus helmets look an awful lot like the Spec helmets.
Only Carnac helmet I ever heard about was the Hades and I don't know if that ever made it to market.

If PlanetX is legit then I don't know why they'd stock rebranded Chinese knockoffs.

Looking again at the helmets, they look exactly like various unbranded direct-from-China helmets on Amazon and eBay. See the Evade knockoff. I would not trust my brain case to these lids.

Joxster
12-27-2018, 04:14 AM
Yes, as others have said they are legit. They're business model is to buy end of line/discontinued products for $XX an item for all the distributor has and then clear them out and heavily discounted prices.