PDA

View Full Version : PSA Performance bike

shankldu
12-24-2018, 10:17 AM
The Vienna Branch is closing ,maybe all but there r sum sweet deal going on . just fyi.

Elefantino
12-24-2018, 11:56 AM
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=231508&highlight=performance&page=2

unterhausen
12-24-2018, 01:15 PM
they hired a liquidation specialty company to sell everything, I doubt there will be any deals. Maybe if you can get a line on the parts they aren't going to pay their freight management company for.

Spaghetti Legs
12-24-2018, 02:48 PM
I've been kind of surprised at the lack of good deals at mine. Everything has hovered at 30-50% off, but mostly 30% and not really many prices that you can't find elsewhere on line. I'm holding out to see what they'll be asking for the display racks and hopefully the shop tools will go on the block.

I got a Spin Doctor Torque wrench set with the hex and Torx bits for $50. OK but not a super deal.

ultraman6970
12-24-2018, 04:01 PM
I doubt they will give super good deals, i doubt they will add depreciation to the tools in the shop if those things are for sale too.

I have one next town and I havent been there to even check it out... like the shop that much...

peanutgallery
12-25-2018, 09:43 AM
It's a full on retail implosion

There's a Fuji auction in like 2 weeks and there's a boatload of stuff sitting with a dock awaiting payment to the expiditor that's been basically abandoned and so on an so forth

Oddest thing is that Fuji is getting out of their roubaix licensing agreement with specialized and specialized is no longer shipping roubaix bikes. Crazy times

Down goes Fuji

belopsky
12-25-2018, 11:24 AM
It's a full on retail implosion

There's a Fuji auction in like 2 weeks and there's a boatload of stuff sitting with a dock awaiting payment to the expiditor that's been basically abandoned and so on an so forth

Oddest thing is that Fuji is getting out of their roubaix licensing agreement with specialized and specialized is no longer shipping roubaix bikes. Crazy times

Down goes Fuji

Can you explain what you mean by “Oddest thing is that Fuji is getting out of their roubaix licensing agreement with specialized and specialized is no longer shipping roubaix bikes”

peanutgallery
12-25-2018, 11:45 AM
As a result of all their litigation a few years ago Specialized ended up having to pay a fee to Fuji (AKA ASI/Performance) a fee to continue to use the "Roubaix" name. In the midst of all the bankruptcy legal back and forth between ASI and their creditors and the court, ASI has been allowed to vacate contracts with suppliers and license fee payers (Specialized) in order to add value for their holdings which are all going to auction in Mid January. As of last Thursday, Specialized was no longer shipping bikes (though they are available) that are affected by the licensing agreement (Ruby, Roubaix, Diverge). Basically, Specialized better show up for the auction with their checkbook...$ will go towards the mess to pay creditors. Either that or rebrand and re-write all the legal jargon wrapped up the legal paperwork of the affected bikes.

It's a crazy, tangled web at the moment
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2018/12/21/bankruptcy-court-cancels-ases-contracts-ideal-ideal-appeal#.XCJpSlxKi00

In another wierd twist, the spouse of the head of ASI was elected to congress 10 days before the whole bunkruptcy thing started. Coincidence? :)
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2018/11/07/races-interest-bike-world-dean-wins-and-nothstein-loses-pennsylvania#.XCJraVxKi01

Can you explain what you mean by “Oddest thing is that Fuji is getting out of their roubaix licensing agreement with specialized and specialized is no longer shipping roubaix bikes”

belopsky
12-25-2018, 01:01 PM
As a result of all their litigation a few years ago Specialized ended up having to pay a fee to Fuji (AKA ASI/Performance) a fee to continue to use the "Roubaix" name. In the midst of all the bankruptcy legal back and forth between ASI and their creditors and the court, ASI has been allowed to vacate contracts with suppliers and license fee payers (Specialized) in order to add value for their holdings which are all going to auction in Mid January. As of last Thursday, Specialized was no longer shipping bikes (though they are available) that are affected by the licensing agreement (Ruby, Roubaix, Diverge). Basically, Specialized better show up for the auction with their checkbook...$ will go towards the mess to pay creditors. Either that or rebrand and re-write all the legal jargon wrapped up the legal paperwork of the affected bikes.

It's a crazy, tangled web at the moment
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2018/12/21/bankruptcy-court-cancels-ases-contracts-ideal-ideal-appeal#.XCJpSlxKi00

In another wierd twist, the spouse of the head of ASI was elected to congress 10 days before the whole bunkruptcy thing started. Coincidence? :)
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2018/11/07/races-interest-bike-world-dean-wins-and-nothstein-loses-pennsylvania#.XCJraVxKi01thank you

dave thompson
12-25-2018, 01:41 PM
>snip< In another wierd twist, the spouse of the head of ASI was elected to congress 10 days before the whole bunkruptcy thing started. Coincidence? :)
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industry-news/2018/11/07/races-interest-bike-world-dean-wins-and-nothstein-loses-pennsylvania#.XCJraVxKi01 Deep state.....

rnhood
12-25-2018, 03:37 PM

Specialized will be introducing a new endurance road bike so they may not need to do anything. Unlike ASI, they have their act together. But I'm sure the bike business is pretty tough right now.

belopsky
12-25-2018, 03:46 PM
Specialized will be introducing a new endurance road bike so they may not need to do anything. Unlike ASI, they have their act together. But I'm sure the bike business is pretty tough right now.

Guessing or have an inside line?

buddybikes
12-25-2018, 04:33 PM
Anyone remember Ideal saddles, Brooks competitor...

ultraman6970
12-25-2018, 04:47 PM
?

peanutgallery
12-25-2018, 04:59 PM
currently in year 2 of design, they better get a little more out of it

Specialized is a mess like everyone else, but they'll pay for a fix

buddybikes
12-25-2018, 05:04 PM
Sorry, reading about Ideal Taiwan in this thread, Ideale saddles of France. Had a flashback, back when I didn't go the normal Brooks route and chose same thing French made.

end off thread...