PDA

View Full Version : OT: Eagles Football fans

duff_duffy
12-23-2018, 04:10 PM
Talk about getting a story wrong:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/philadelphia-vs-houston-live-updates-score-results-highlights-for-sundays-nfl-game/amp/

don'TreadOnMe
12-23-2018, 04:23 PM
Whuuuuu?
Allz I know is that St Nick is a bad@55 mofo.

nickl
12-23-2018, 04:50 PM
Makes me wonder where the Eagles would be in the standings if Foles was the starting quarterback instead of backup for Wentz.

echappist
12-23-2018, 04:54 PM
Whuuuuu?
Allz I know is that St Nick is a bad@55 mofo.

I was hoping it was a story about an up-and-coming local politician egging on a bunch of drunken fans to do some stupid things to the St Nicks on the field ;). if only there were snow on the upper level seats

joosttx
12-23-2018, 04:55 PM
I am Cowboys fan. My wife is a Giants fan. We jokingly moved away from Philadelphia because we didnt want our son to be an Eagles fan. Well, this year he did the unthinkable. And signed his allegiance to the Eagles which is his right since he was born in Philly. I showed him videos of Eagle fans cheering a dead Michael Irvin and throwing snow balls at Santa. He didnt care. I love my son, therefore, I accept him for who he is.... an Eagles fan.

With that said. The Eagles suck. Regardless who is quarterback. And yes the Eagles could of been great. Always could of been....

Bruce K
12-23-2018, 04:55 PM
For about 5 minutes today I was an Eagles fan.

Glad they knocked off Houston.

BTW - who did Dewey beat for President?

BK

echappist
12-23-2018, 04:58 PM
I am Cowboys fan. My wife is a Giants fan. We jokingly moved away from Philadelphia because we didnt want our son to be an Eagles fan. Well, this year he did the unthinkable. And signed his allegiance to the Eagles which is his right since he was born in Philly. I showed him videos of Eagle fans cheering a dead Michael Irvin and throwing snow balls at Santa. He didnt care. I love my son, therefore, I accept him for who he is.... an Eagles fan.

it's okay, maybe in a few years he'll give up watching football entirely, like me :banana:

fifteen years ago i followed the team almost religiously. the Inquirer was the first thing i'd read on a daily basis during the fall. Then i learned something called corporate welfare, specifically how a city strapped for cash has just enough money to pay for stadia whose seats are too expensive for most of the city's denizens. No thank you, I decided.

rwsaunders
12-23-2018, 05:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dZahrNVh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Xlx1lplh.jpg

No worries about ever becoming an Eagle's fan for me but last week I was a fan of Steve's.

joosttx
12-23-2018, 05:09 PM
Best Cheese Steak...

https://www.texadelphia.com

https://i.imgur.com/dZahrNVh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Xlx1lplh.jpg

No worries about ever becoming an Eagle's fan for me but I last week I was a fan of Steve's.

XXtwindad
12-23-2018, 05:44 PM
it's okay, maybe in a few years he'll give up watching football entirely, like me :banana:

fifteen years ago i followed the team almost religiously. the Inquirer was the first thing i'd read on a daily basis during the fall. Then i learned something called corporate welfare, specifically how a city strapped for cash has just enough money to pay for stadia whose seats are too expensive for most of the city's denizens. No thank you, I decided.

That's a whole can o' worms right there. See "Raiders...Oakland."

johnniecakes
12-23-2018, 05:56 PM
Makes me wonder where the Eagles would be in the standings if Foles was the starting quarterback instead of backup for Wentz.

Long time Eagles fan here

Is it just me or does Wentz resemble Tim Tebow? He just does not understand what quaterback is supposed to do. Lots of athletic ability, when he is not hurt, but not very smart.

joosttx
12-23-2018, 05:58 PM
That's a whole can o' worms right there. See "Raiders...Oakland."

In defense of corporate welfare, the Raiders are the only thing that has lost value in the Bay area.

Hawker
12-23-2018, 06:17 PM
I'm an Eagles fan and a Foles fan. However, the Houston quarterback went to high school in our community. And he is a class guy on every level. He had that game WON today. Until the last two minutes.

Frankly, I'm not exactly sure whom I was pulling for but that was one incredible last couple of seconds. Now I'm sitting here pulling for the Steelers.

XXtwindad
12-23-2018, 06:17 PM
In defense of corporate welfare, the Raiders are the only thing that has lost value in the Bay area.

Haha. Well done.

Climb01742
12-23-2018, 06:57 PM
The Eagles could wind up giving the Pats the #2 seed and home playoffs games. Thank you Eagles! Doesn’t make up for the SB, but hey, thanks!;)

glepore
12-23-2018, 07:02 PM

With that said. The Eagles suck. Regardless who is quarterback. And yes the Eagles could of been great. Always could of been....

Michael wasn't dead; he just had a broken neck. Man up.
And the Santa sucked, he was a drunk fan asked to fill in. Gotta pull that old tripe outta yer hat?
The Buddy revenge was classic, as was the iceball bowl.

This is sorta surreal if you're a Philly fan, cause Nick sucks until he is must win. Looking forward to Drew and Nick dualling it out at some point. Somebody knock off the Vikes!

Matthew
12-23-2018, 08:24 PM
Could be worse. Your son could be a Lion's fan. We've suffered for decades. FML

ThasFACE
12-23-2018, 09:06 PM
Could be worse. Your son could be a Lion's fan. We've suffered for decades. FLM

Truth. My Grandfather played for the Lions so I've been chained to that boat since the beginning. Barry was fun to watch, at least...

Matthew
12-23-2018, 10:16 PM
Yeah Barry was unbelievable. Who was your grandfather if you don't mind me asking? When did he play?

Climb01742
12-24-2018, 08:37 AM
Alex Karras also made Lions fun to watch...and listen to.;)

soulspinner
12-24-2018, 10:04 AM
alex karras also made lions fun to watch...and listen to.;)

+1

ThasFACE
12-24-2018, 03:21 PM
Yeah Barry was unbelievable. Who was your grandfather if you don't mind me asking? When did he play?

Chuck Bernard (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Bernard) (Michigan '30-'33, Lions '34). Michigan is what he really cared about, but he did suit up for the Lions until they tried to move him from Center. No money in the game back then, so he bailed.

On a sort of related note, he's also the reason why I live and die with Michigan Football during the fall. Been some rough sledding right around Thanksgiving weekend for the last 15-ish years (ugh, that's hard to type).

Matthew
12-24-2018, 03:46 PM
Awesome. Michigan fan here as well. Yeah it's been tough. But with Liar retiring and now teaching an ethics class maybe we can begin to get the upper hand.

Matthew
12-24-2018, 03:48 PM
Sorry to see he passed so young. All American to boot. So cool. I'd be proud too. Hail

ThasFACE
12-25-2018, 10:54 PM
Awesome. Michigan fan here as well. Yeah it's been tough. But with Liar retiring and now teaching an ethics class maybe we can begin to get the upper hand.
Ha, true, but that's kind of bittersweet for me. I'm happy to see he won't be around (at least on a day-to-day) to cause trouble for us, but never beating him doesn't sit awesomely.

[And re: Grandad, yeah, he passed young unfortunately. Moral here, as I understand it, is to stay active watch what you eat; common sense now, but not so common back then, I suppose]