PDA

View Full Version : The Holidays

andeww
12-22-2018, 03:49 PM
This is the first year I am hosting Christmas at my place. The holidays have always been a stressful as hell for me, so I can only imagine how it could be lonely and dark for some. If you are in my area and want to get a Quick AM ride and coffee in or even come by the place later with the fam, shoot me a pm.
Ps, no weirdos please

Maybe you guys could network other areas here too
Happy holidays y'all

cloudguy
12-22-2018, 04:19 PM
Ps, no weirdos please

Dang, that rules me out. Guess I'll just have to stay home with my inflatable doll family.

OtayBW
12-22-2018, 04:30 PM
This is the first year I am hosting Christmas at my place. The holidays have always been a stressful as hell for me, so I can only imagine how it could be lonely and dark for some. If you are in my area and want to get a Quick AM ride and coffee in or even come by the place later with the fam, shoot me a pm.
Ps, no weirdos please

Happy holidays y'all
Nice gesture. Thanks!

parris
12-22-2018, 04:40 PM
The op makes a great offer! The first reply had me spit my drink out on the keyboard !

Spaghetti Legs
12-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Laguna Beach - I might hop a plane just to get myself in the neighborhood to come by!

Cat3roadracer
12-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Check out S&L, Matt Damon, The Best Christmas Ever. Sums it up.

Clean39T
12-22-2018, 04:55 PM
Check out S&L, Matt Damon, The Best Christmas Ever. Sums it up.The tree-ornament sketch was good too [emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

XXtwindad
12-22-2018, 04:55 PM
Ps, no weirdos please

Happy holidays y'all

Really cool sentiment.

AngryScientist
12-22-2018, 05:18 PM
andeww, you are a class act pal. good on ya.

i'm having a pretty stressful year myself, but in general feel very thankful for all that i have this time of the year.

wishing everyone the very best this time of year, and a reminder that if it looks grim - there is only up to go.

cheers.

Clean39T
12-22-2018, 05:32 PM
andeww, you are a class act pal. good on ya.

i'm having a pretty stressful year myself, but in general feel very thankful for all that i have this time of the year.

wishing everyone the very best this time of year, and a reminder that if it looks grim - there is only up to go.

cheers.

+1

Holiday time and the unspoken pressure to be merry with family has a way of pulling scabs off all the tender places..

Folks like Andeww give me hope for the world.

oldpotatoe
12-23-2018, 06:46 AM
Ps, no weirdos please

Happy holidays y'all

:)

Very generous and the 'holidays' are stressful for a lot of people, even those surrounded by 'loved ones'(in quotes)...These 4 months, the 'black months' are no fun(Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb) At least the days are gettin' longer...

Vitamin D for everyone!!

For Angry and everybody else who doesn't love' this time of year.

"it'll be all right in the end, if it isn't, it's not the end".

csm
12-23-2018, 08:05 AM
The op makes a great offer! The first reply had me spit my drink out on the keyboard !

Ditto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Climb01742
12-23-2018, 09:03 AM
It is good to remember others. Years ago, I lived in New York just starting out working. I didn't have enough money to fly home, so I spent Christmas alone in NYC. On Christmas day I went to a movie, a Woody Allen one if I remember correctly. When the movie ended and the house lights came up, I looked around the sparsely filled theatre. There were no pairs of people, no groups. Just folks alone. Getting out of their apartments on Christmas. That sight and that moment has stuck with me. Thanks to the OP for reminding us to think of others.

54ny77
12-23-2018, 01:32 PM
Let's keep this thread alive. Great idea & gesture. :cool: :)

Hey andeww, thanks for the spin this a.m., perfect timing!

Merry Christmas everyone.