PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Cinelli Zydeco frame built?

SteveFrench
12-20-2018, 07:04 PM
Please inform me if you can. I emailed Cinelli USA asking about it but they have not responded. Thanks very much.

FlashUNC
12-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Taiwan I'd guess.

ERK55
12-20-2018, 07:54 PM
I had one briefly a few years back but returned it because the wrong size was sent. Pretty sure it said made in China, though it could have been Taiwan. (Definitely not Italy).

SteveFrench
12-20-2018, 08:45 PM
That is certainly a bummer and that is probably why Cinelli USA hasn't responded to my inquiry. The cost made me a bit suspicious...

Thanks

ceya
12-20-2018, 08:57 PM
From what I read, email cinelli Italy. As this is being pushed from italy.

macaroon
12-21-2018, 03:53 AM
If you can't tell, then why does it matter where it's built?

fignon's barber
12-21-2018, 05:56 AM
That is certainly a bummer and that is probably why Cinelli USA hasn't responded to my inquiry. The cost made me a bit suspicious...

Thanks

It's $1400 for a complete disc bike made from Columbus tubing with Columbus' new gravel fork. Looks like a nice bike for the money. What exactly were you expecting?

https://ciclicorsa.com/shop/cinelli-zydeco-complete-bicycle/

mktng
12-21-2018, 06:14 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Made-In-Italy-Flag-Sticker-Vinyl-Decal-Italian-Car-Sticker-For-Fiat-Ducati-Bike/323601652225?hash=item4b58295a01:g:-CEAAOSw5cNYTYY8

its all you'll need :)

dancinkozmo
12-21-2018, 06:19 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Made-In-Italy-Flag-Sticker-Vinyl-Decal-Italian-Car-Sticker-For-Fiat-Ducati-Bike/323601652225?hash=item4b58295a01:g:-CEAAOSw5cNYTYY8

"country or region of manufacture...canada" LOL !

fignon's barber
12-21-2018, 06:35 AM

Too funny. But actually, I believe based on Italian law (I'm not an Italian lawyer), Cinelli can slap a "made in Italy" sticker on it legally, as a portion of the finishing process is done in Italy.

mktng
12-21-2018, 07:05 AM
"country or region of manufacture...canada" LOL !

Mr Worldwide

R3awak3n
12-21-2018, 07:59 AM
It's $1400 for a complete disc bike made from Columbus tubing with Columbus' new gravel fork. Looks like a nice bike for the money. What exactly were you expecting?

https://ciclicorsa.com/shop/cinelli-zydeco-complete-bicycle/

This exactly. If it was made in ita the frame alone would probably cost that. Also, unless you have some connection with itally and want to keep production in ita does not really matter where its made unless its well made

veggieburger
12-21-2018, 09:09 AM
Too funny. But actually, I believe based on Italian law (I'm not an Italian lawyer), Cinelli can slap a "made in Italy" sticker on it legally, as a portion of the finishing process is done in Italy.

Yeah...it's a certain percentage of the work, I believe. I think 20% or something low like that (altho Wikipedia disagrees with me)

jemoryl
12-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Yeah...it's a certain percentage of the work, I believe. I think 20% or something low like that (altho Wikipedia disagrees with me)

Maybe they buy a bare frame from China for $100, chase some threads and put some Italian paint on it, claiming that is worth $300, and presto, a frame that is 75% "Made in Italy".

I find it interesting to know where stuff is made. Last time I nosed around R&A in Brooklyn I recall seeing high end Bianchi carbon frames that were labeled 'Made in Vietnam", which was a new one to me (although that is where Enve forks come from). A Stevens MTB I rented in Germany was made in Cambodia.

bikinchris
12-21-2018, 04:23 PM
The only carbon Cinelli made in Italy is the Laser. Sone of their steel bikes might be made there.

Jef58
12-21-2018, 04:47 PM
I have a steel Vigorelli, though not made in Italy, it has some pretty good welds on it. It's straight and rides really nice even with the low end Thron tubing. Nice fork, so all in all, I'd consider it a pretty good bargain.

Waldo
12-21-2018, 06:17 PM
Down on the bayou, I'd guess.

Joxster
12-22-2018, 11:37 AM
I work for the UK Distributor for Cinelli, the Zydeco is made in Tiawan, the Laser, Nemo Tig, XCR and Supercorsa are still made in Italy and I think that the Stratofaster has been moved back to Italy

SteveFrench
12-25-2018, 08:42 AM
I work for the UK Distributor for Cinelli, the Zydeco is made in Tiawan, the Laser, Nemo Tig, XCR and Supercorsa are still made in Italy and I think that the Stratofaster has been moved back to Italy

Thanks very much! I appreciate your non-judgmental response. Do you know where the aluminum Vigorelli is built? If they built an aluminum Vigorelli road frame at a reasonable price then I would be all over it.

Thanks again.

mktng
12-25-2018, 01:55 PM
Thanks very much! I appreciate your non-judgmental response. Do you know where the aluminum Vigorelli is built? If they built an aluminum Vigorelli road frame at a reasonable price then I would be all over it.

Thanks again.Not Italy [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

bitpuddle
12-25-2018, 11:12 PM
The only carbon Cinelli made in Italy is the Laser. Sone of their steel bikes might be made there.

The Nemo Tig, Supercorsa and the Xcr are made in Italy, I believe. I don’t think any of the less-expensive frames are made in the EU.

(I just ordered a Nemo Tig and I’m pretty excited to build it, btw)

Joxster
12-26-2018, 12:43 PM

Thanks again.

If you can try and ride the Vigorelli road, it is steel but you'll pleasantly surprised at it's handling and ride quality. A lot of the Cinelli shops over here have demo bikes set up or as a distributor we can send up a sensible demo bike to try (ie not a Laser Mia with Super Record 12spd)

Jef58
12-26-2018, 04:46 PM
If you can try and ride the Vigorelli road, it is steel but you'll pleasantly surprised at it's handling and ride quality. )

I agree... I have the single speed version and really like it. Eventhough it's good as is, I thought they should have an option in Spirit as an upgraded road model.