PDA

View Full Version : Bob Roll on LA's video "podcast"

rePhil
12-20-2018, 10:52 AM
I didn't see it posted...Bob Roll on (Love him or hate him) Lance's You tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gefGgUgt8SE

metalheart
12-20-2018, 11:35 AM
fun to listen/watch

rePhil
12-20-2018, 11:45 AM
A nice tribute to Paul Sherwin at the 41 minute mark

charliedid
12-20-2018, 08:54 PM
Great episode.

adub
12-20-2018, 09:18 PM
Great episode with a couple of solid dudes

bironi
12-20-2018, 10:32 PM
Thank you.

FlashUNC
12-20-2018, 11:03 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Ll7PYy77vsffO/giphy.gif

William
12-21-2018, 11:35 AM
I enjoyed that. I like Bobke and the discussion about Paul Sherwin was excellent.

What's coming next for Le Tour...Phil and Bobke?:confused:

William

54ny77
12-21-2018, 11:52 AM
cool stuff.

that beard adds a dozen years to roll's looks!

he sounds great, of course.

Hawker
12-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Bob always interesting. Nice mention of Paul, who will be missed. The other guy, not missed at all.

Hawker
12-21-2018, 01:31 PM
Bob always interesting. Nice mention of Paul, who will be missed. The other guy, not missed at all.

VC Slim
12-21-2018, 03:52 PM
Bob went pretty highbrow when he mentioned Plato's Allegory of the Cave. Think it went right over LA's head. Lance should've let Bobke talk more. Loved the "two restaurant visits" joke Paul Sherwin would tell about Bob. Paul is not the first rider of his generation to pass due to natural causes. Wonder how the cycling profession compares to other sport averages?

weisan
12-21-2018, 04:01 PM
"I have always loved you."

So did Paul.

We all loved you, Lance.

Please come back to us.

It's not too late.

Burnette
12-21-2018, 04:23 PM
I didn't see it posted...Bob Roll on (Love him or hate him) Lance's You tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gefGgUgt8SE

Thanks for posting this, they should do another one, there's so much stuff those guys can share about the sport.

gemship
12-21-2018, 05:01 PM
I was reading the New York Post and noticed an article stating that Lance Armstrong is now a billionaire because of a successful 100k investment in Uber. Is that true? Sorry for the threadjack...

CunegoFan
12-21-2018, 06:05 PM
I was reading the New York Post and noticed an article stating that Lance Armstrong is now a billionaire because of a successful 100k investment in Uber. Is that true? Sorry for the threadjack...

I heard $60MM but beyond a certain amount does it really matter. The dude worked his ass off for twenty years and it paid off.

Someone give the suicide hotline number to Betsy. She had her heart so set on seeing Lance penniless. Now her whinging about the size of other riders' houses will never end.

Waldo
12-21-2018, 06:16 PM
F**k 'em both -- a doper and a sellout.

dancinkozmo
12-21-2018, 06:20 PM

amen

laupsi
12-21-2018, 06:22 PM
For a very brief period of time while viewing I forgot that LA isn’t a normal human being, and therefore, he isn’t simply “just one of the bunch” w/ regard to Bobke and his racing entourage. It took me a second, but then I remembered quite vividly his caustic and venomous attack aimed at Paul Kimmage during that singular press appearance a few years ago. And there were more like it, no? Many ways to measure success. I do believe LA has fallen well short of the mark. Thanks for sharing, it was very comforting hearing those stories about Mr Sherwen.

charliedid
12-21-2018, 06:31 PM
NBC should hire the two of them to do commentary. I have to think Phil is going to retire but what do I know...

FlashUNC
12-21-2018, 06:53 PM
I heard $60MM but beyond a certain amount does it really matter. The dude worked his ass off for twenty years and it paid off.

Someone give the suicide hotline number to Betsy. She had her heart so set on seeing Lance penniless. Now her whinging about the size of other riders' houses will never end.

The meritocracy fallacy runs strong with this one. Worked his ass off to win the Silicon Valley lottery, lol.

Peter P.
12-21-2018, 08:15 PM
I recall L.A.'s pre-meltdown worth valued at $120M. At the time of the whistleblower lawsuit, it was speculated he could lose everything. I was surprised he was able to settle for a paltry $5M.

It was in poor taste for Lance to "brag" (mention) recently about his good fortune investing in Uber. He lamented being close to financial hard times prior to his windfall. I'd be interested to know how he would define that.

There's no way he'd be a billionaire as a result of the Uber investment.

choke
12-21-2018, 08:33 PM
+11ty billion

MattTuck
12-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Whether you like them or not, they are right on the money. Phil will be completely nonfunctional without Paul.

Just buy the Eurosport feed and broadcast it in the US :)

Buzz
12-22-2018, 01:37 PM
https://youtu.be/cNfV4XxKXrA

Wow. Folks have short memories.

I will give Armstrong credit for being the greatest* of all time.

*dick

54ny77
12-22-2018, 02:06 PM
Very funny comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzvZNQKowMU

"Can't we give Lance a break? I tried riding a bike on drugs once, and if anything it was a lot harder. It took me at least forty-five minutes to make the end of my street, and another fifteen to get myself out of a hedge."

cmg
12-22-2018, 02:31 PM
A fun watch. I think lance caught a wine buzz by the end of it.

Hawker
12-22-2018, 05:36 PM
Very funny comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzvZNQKowMU

"Can't we give Lance a break? I tried riding a bike on drugs once, and if anything it was a lot harder. It took me at least forty-five minutes to make the end of my street, and another fifteen to get myself out of a hedge."

:) That is funny.

earlfoss
12-22-2018, 05:42 PM
That was a very good edition of Lance's podcast. There was a few moments of Bob "kissing the ring" a little bit, but the talk about Sherwin was very good.

VC Slim
12-22-2018, 06:19 PM
Whether you like them or not, they are right on the money. Phil will be completely nonfunctional without Paul.

Just buy the Eurosport feed and broadcast it in the US :)

I also believe this is the best option. Even at the expense of taking CVV, Bobke and that other guy off the air. After decades of Hobbs, Matchett and Varsha/Diffy, US F1 coverage on on ESPN went with the Sky broadcast team and it was for the better.

oldpotatoe
12-24-2018, 06:21 AM
Watched it yesterday..and gotta love Bobke..It's hard to watch without a certain predisposition about LA7, and he comes off as 'kinda' arrogant but...interesting..sponsored by a 'TeKillYa' maker too..ha!

"Roxanne Roll"..funny too..The guy's a doper, cheat, liar and ar$ewhole but ...oh well..

livingminimal
01-01-2019, 03:19 AM

So did Paul.

We all loved you, Lance.

Please come back to us.

It's not too late.

Honestly dude, what are you talking about?

livingminimal
01-01-2019, 03:19 AM
I also believe this is the best option. Even at the expense of taking CVV, Bobke and that other guy off the air. After decades of Hobbs, Matchett and Varsha/Diffy, US F1 coverage on on ESPN went with the Sky broadcast team and it was for the better.

Definitely. VPN +Eurosport sub. The absolute best.

clyde the point
01-01-2019, 05:02 AM
Really the story is Sherwin. A much bigger and more interesting topic than either of those two. How I love Roll. And how I am working on forgiving LA. Funny how LA keeps on rubbing people’s noses in his success...the stock market...whatevs. When he croaks I doubt many will be stating how “great a person he was”. With Sherwin there is no end to that praise. It’s known as integrity, humility, and honor.

oldpotatoe
01-01-2019, 05:21 AM
weisan View Post

So did Paul.

We all loved you, Lance.

Please come back to us.

It's not too late.

Too much holiday cheer?

Peter P.
01-01-2019, 06:40 AM
Really the story is Sherwin. ... It’s known as integrity, humility, and honor.

Well said, and oh so true.

weisan
01-01-2019, 07:02 AM

sarcasm

Hey Bob, you can still find a 20-year-old and have a baby with her...

A Leopard Can't Change Its Spots

oldpotatoe
01-01-2019, 07:55 AM
sarcasm

A Leopard Can't Change Its Spots

You can say that twice, twice...:eek:

Hawker
01-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Really the story is Sherwin. A much bigger and more interesting topic than either of those two. How I love Roll. And how I am working on forgiving LA. Funny how LA keeps on rubbing people’s noses in his success...the stock market...whatevs. When he croaks I doubt many will be stating how “great a person he was”. With Sherwin there is no end to that praise. It’s known as integrity, humility, and honor.

Well said.

54ny77
01-01-2019, 11:05 AM
boy you sure got that right.

really proves its not what you have, it's what you've done to positively impact peoples' lives that makes its mark.