PDA

View Full Version : I think my cat hates my Wahoo Kickr so he's pissing on it.

jrflanders
12-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Ok this is probably the strangest question in here right now, but has anyone had a Wahoo Kickr and found that it bothered your pets, your cats in particular? Once we got the kickr and set it up in the basement, our cat started pissing next to it. Wondering if anyone had a similar experience as I am trying to figure out what the issue is with him.

Clean39T
12-20-2018, 09:57 AM
We need a picture of the cat to properly diagnose this situation...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

htwoopup
12-20-2018, 10:02 AM
Not as bad but similar with our Great Dane and the Tacx. When I put on my kit she hops onto our bed which is where she stays when I ride outside. When I start to calibrate the trainer, she gets off the bed and comes to where the trainer is. She gets really close to me and tries to herd me away from the bike.

When I get on the bike and ride she goes back to the bed. When my cadence slows during a ride or end of a ride she bolts out of the bed and gets so close to me I think I’m going to knee her head during a pedal stroke.

She has to be incredibly close to me after I get off the bike until I turn off the power to the trainer.

I have no idea why although maybe it makes some sound humans can’t here.

I am glad you posted the question because I thought it was only my dog and that she was nuts in more unique and troubling ways than I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXtwindad
12-20-2018, 10:18 AM
This is your cats profound comment on the encroachment of the material world upon its natural habitat. Your cat is like the Jean Paul Sartre of the feline world, making a urgent lamentation out of urine. Your cat may be fometing a revolution as we speak.

Respect!

azrider
12-20-2018, 10:32 AM
he's been pooping inside all these years already...........whats wrong with a little pee ?

sounds to me like he's testing boundaries.......bad kitty

Tickdoc
12-20-2018, 10:42 AM
To be fair, I would to.

sparky33
12-20-2018, 11:00 AM
our cat started pissing next to it.

the cat must be a triathlete.

XXtwindad
12-20-2018, 11:04 AM
Ok this is probably the strangest question in here right now, but has anyone had a Wahoo Kickr and found that it bothered your pets, your cats in particular? Once we got the kickr and set it up in the basement, our cat started pissing next to it. Wondering if anyone had a similar experience as I am trying to figure out what the issue is with him.

Given the heinous nature of the crime, and what it portends, I think a true professional is in order...

jrflanders
12-20-2018, 11:07 AM
He smokes and wears a beret so this is starting to make sense. And of course he personifies gallic nonchalance.

This is your cats profound comment on the encroachment of the material world upon its natural habitat. Your cat is like the Jean Paul Sartre of the feline world, making a urgent lamentation out of urine. Your cat may be fometing a revolution as we speak.

Respect!

jrflanders
12-20-2018, 11:07 AM
That's true. He sucks at riding bikes so it makes sense.

the cat must be a triathlete.

jrflanders
12-20-2018, 11:09 AM
Interesting - I also think there is something about the sound that sets him off.

Not as bad but similar with our Great Dane and the Tacx. When I put on my kit she hops onto our bed which is where she stays when I ride outside. When I start to calibrate the trainer, she gets off the bed and comes to where the trainer is. She gets really close to me and tries to herd me away from the bike.

When I get on the bike and ride she goes back to the bed. When my cadence slows during a ride or end of a ride she bolts out of the bed and gets so close to me I think I’m going to knee her head during a pedal stroke.

She has to be incredibly close to me after I get off the bike until I turn off the power to the trainer.

I have no idea why although maybe it makes some sound humans can’t here.

I am glad you posted the question because I thought it was only my dog and that she was nuts in more unique and troubling ways than I thought.

XXtwindad
12-20-2018, 11:13 AM
He smokes and wears a beret so this is starting to make sense. And of course he personifies gallic nonchalance.

Glad your Paceline brethren could help! :)

Ken Robb
12-20-2018, 11:14 AM
Our dog Annie (Shi Tzu?) barked, growled and would not approach the first parked Bird Scooter she encountered which was parked across the street from us on a walk after dark. Her brother Eric the malti-poo didn't care at all.

Maybe your cat is picking up odd signals like sounds/vibrations from the kicker? Try leaving pet treats on it once in a while and see if their relationship improves. :)

mt2u77
12-20-2018, 11:40 AM
Oh, this is a good one.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's your sweat residue in the general vicinity.

redir
12-20-2018, 01:11 PM
It's just a token of his love an appreciation.

defspace
12-20-2018, 01:16 PM
I brought a bike and trainer to my parent's house so I could train during a visit. Their dog started barking when I got into some hard/short interval work. I think she thought I was in distress and was trying to alert the rest of the family. She's since learned it's okay and no big deal.

tuxbailey
12-20-2018, 01:46 PM
oops. I have two cats and I just ordered one....

mjb266
12-20-2018, 02:19 PM
You just need to urinate all over it yourself to establish it as your territory.

jruhlen1980
12-20-2018, 04:25 PM
oops. I have two cats and I just ordered one....

Wait so you're Cat 2 but going to Cat 3? :p

charliedid
12-20-2018, 04:31 PM
I once had a roommate that my cat didn’t care for. [emoji250]

bigbill
12-20-2018, 04:38 PM
I ride behind the couch with my laptop sitting on top the couch. My cat will sit next to the laptop and look at me like I'm an idiot for riding indoors. She gives me the same look when I'm washing dishes or shaving, so there's that.

SlowPokePete
12-20-2018, 04:49 PM
I'm not a "ride indoor on a trainer guy" either.

Smart cat.

SPP

Ozz
12-20-2018, 04:55 PM
...Your cat may be fometing a revolution as we speak. ...!

Aren't they all??

Avispa
12-20-2018, 05:07 PM

We need a picture of the cat to properly diagnose this situation...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Geez, I got scared for a moment there... I thought it was another warranty issue with these damn things! LOL

Now, who's that... El Chat Guevara???

Waldo
12-20-2018, 05:16 PM
You just need to urinate all over it yourself to establish it as your territory.

We have the definitive solution. Time to lock the thread...

Waldo
12-20-2018, 05:17 PM
Snip: I ride behind the couch with my laptop sitting on top the couch. My cat will sit next to the laptop and look at me like I'm an idiot for riding indoors.

Ah, but have you seen the look on her face when you're riding outdoors?

zap
12-20-2018, 06:51 PM

zap
12-20-2018, 06:54 PM
We had a cat named Mavic (yes) who would sit on my wife's back while she was working out on the computrainer.

At the time we also had a cat named Campy.

Its possible static build up from trainers pisses of some cats...and dogs.

John H.
12-20-2018, 08:43 PM
This is the stuff for cat pee- https://www.scoe10x.com/reviews/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8--Q6PGv3wIVBMpkCh3XmgW8EAAYASAAEgLeLPD_BwE

Ask me how I know-

A couple years ago we had a 16 year old cat. Poor guy was on his last legs. He used to hang out up in our attic.
He started peeing up there (unbeknownst to me) on my Evoc bike bag.
We had to put him down in the fall- but never knew about the pee.

In January, we were going to Hawaii- Day before the trip I pull out the bike bag. Evil smell of cat urine. But I was under the gun- Figured I would sort it out while in Hawaii.
Every day of the trip, I sprayed the bike bag down with some sort of cleaner and then put it in the sun to dry.
This slightly reduced, but did not eliminate the odor.

I looked online and found the stuff mentioned above. Figured I would try that before I threw it away or tried to get $50 for it on Craigslist.

To my surprise- It worked. Totally neutralized the cat urine scent.

I wonder if the smell kept TSA at bay? They didn't play with my bike in either direction.

vqdriver
12-20-2018, 09:20 PM
Lololol. Some good dad jokes in here.

Avispa
12-20-2018, 09:29 PM
Why did these two didn't piss on the trainer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w59EUUbxO1A

Oh, maybe it's not a Wahooooooo!!!!!!