PDA

View Full Version : Fabric scoop and charge scoop....

ultraman6970
12-19-2018, 10:53 AM
are the same saddle????

Looking saddles and the charge scoop is not even in their website... but is mentioned in several places... the fabric scoop looks the same... are they the same saddle?

one60
12-19-2018, 11:26 AM
There is a flat, shallow and radius version plus a wide version. IMO, the radius is similar shape to the Aliante but more comfortable than the newer versions

MagicHour
12-19-2018, 12:17 PM
I think Charge Scoop might've been an earlier iteration of branding/product?

shoota
12-19-2018, 12:19 PM
I'm pretty sure they are/were one and the same. The Charge was more commonly used as an OEM saddle back in the day, but it seems the Fabric might be taking that role over now.

mhespenheide
12-19-2018, 01:36 PM
I remember what shoota describes. Charge started out as an OEM brand, but achieved enough success to try to break into the open market. For whatever reason, they rebranded their stuff as "Fabric" for non-OEM sales.

MaraudingWalrus
12-19-2018, 04:48 PM
Charge is a brand of bike. They have bikes like the Plug, Grater, & Cooker. They developed a few saddles, including the Scoop.

Charge is under the umbrella of CSG (Cycling Sports Group - Cannondale/Schwinn/GT etc). CSG decided to create Fabric to be their house brand of parts & accessories.

There is now a Fabric Scoop, but no Charge scoop. I think there are still a few Charge saddles, but the majority of them are all Fabric. Makes it easier to get them onto other bicycles if they're not branded by a bike brand.

jtbadge
12-19-2018, 04:53 PM
There is now a Fabric Scoop, but no Charge scoop. I think there are still a few Charge saddles, but the majority of them are all Fabric. Makes it easier to get them onto other bicycles if they're not branded by a bike brand.

This is the same reason QBP is now also selling the Salsa Cowbell, Cowchipper, etc. and a line of alloy stems and posts under the Whisky brand - expanding possibilities for OEM complete build deals as well as selling to customers who don't want to mix and match frames/parts from 'competing' bike brands.

Jaybee
12-19-2018, 05:04 PM
This is the same reason QBP is now also selling the Salsa Cowbell, Cowchipper, etc. and a line of alloy stems and posts under the Whisky brand - expanding possibilities for OEM complete build deals as well as selling to customers who don't want to mix and match frames/parts from 'competing' bike brands.

Interesting.

I had no idea that Whisky sold anything aluminum. In my mind their brand was “good carbon parts that aren’t as expensive as ENVE”