PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Sufferlandria ?

AngryScientist
12-18-2018, 11:27 AM
What's the story here?

i'm a little confused - i dont have a sufferfest account, but if i want to complete the "tour" i need to get a 1 month membership, is that correct?

anyone else doing it?

Good to go running this on my ipad with blutooth to my smart trainer?

kppolich
12-18-2018, 11:31 AM
What's the story here?
i'm a little confused - i dont have a sufferfest account, but if i want to complete the "tour" i need to get a 1 month membership, is that correct?

anyone else doing it?

Good to go running this on my ipad with blutooth to my smart trainer?

Tour of Sufferlandria, Feb 2-10th
https://thesufferfest.com/pages/community-tour-of-sufferlandria
I've done it, pretty hard IMO if you do every stage at 100% FTP.

I plan on doing it again this year, and it will be my first year doing it with a smart trainer. They have a pretty cool little route release party and the proceeds from the $10 donations go to a good cause. Dave Phinney Foundation

This year, I have a FTP test planned for 2 weeks ahead of the T.o.S. and will be using those up to date FTP numbers to do the Tour.

Technically, you can do all the stages in less than a week, but I don't know if the free week trial allows for all the required Stages or not.

cderalow
12-18-2018, 11:58 AM
I did it in the past when they used TrainerRoad as the logging platform without the pleasure of the videos.

Haven’t done it since they’ve gone to their own platform.

No sense in paying for three programs to exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justindcady
12-20-2018, 09:57 AM
I've done it. It's pretty tough to get through, but it's for a great cause and will really expose how your ability to recover (or inability) and bounce back is with a solid week of massive efforts.

The little community they've build on FB is fun. Lots of encouragement and humor to get everybody through. Good group of folk.

kppolich
12-20-2018, 12:21 PM
I also did it in the past with TrainerRoad as the platform.

However, I look forward to paying $12 for the month to do 8 days of riding extremely difficult routes and trying out a new platform.

Edit:

Looks like with the free 7 day trial, you get FULL access. So, you can do the whole tour with the free trial, but you might have to double up one day or start early according to your timezone.
from here:
https://support.thesufferfest.com/hc/en-us/articles/207662893-Account-Subscription-FAQ

-KP

Drmojo
12-21-2018, 10:03 AM
at least there should be less traffic and road
furniturei