PDA

View Full Version : Way OT: Football trading cards

saab2000
11-17-2006, 09:45 AM
I am going through my stuff and trying to throw a lot of old stuff away. But one thing I cannot throw away without knowing if I have something of even minor value would be my stack of Dominos Pizza Football Cards from 1991.

Between a couple stints living in Europe in the early '90s I worked at Dominos Pizza in Edina, MN. I somehow ended with several hundred unopened packets of these cards.

Does anyone know anything about them? Or cards in general? Is it possible that some fanatic (I, owner of more and better bike stuff than I can possibly ever use, use the work 'fanatic' with irony here) would pay actual money for these things? Is it worth 'eBaying' them? Or are they just landfill material.

They are unopened and in more or less new condition.

Sorry if this is inappropriate here, but I don't know where else to find this many other obsessive compulsive people as at this website?!?! :banana:

Jeff N.
11-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Don't know much about the cards you speak of, but it reminds me of the fabulous baseball and football card collection I once had as a kid. '59 and 60's.I had 'em all...Mantle, Maris, Drysdale, Koufax, you name it. Doubles of all of them...HAD 'EM ALL! But I gave them away before card collecting took off as a major hobby. If I still had that collection I could've retired years ago. Makes me ill whenever I think about it. :crap: Jeff N.

BumbleBeeDave
11-17-2006, 11:19 AM
. . . but do some research by using . . .

---eBay . . . you can search under completed auctions and get some ideas of what others have already sold for.

---Google . . . to find collectors sites or bulletin board groups where you could get more info or informed opinions.

BBD

superunleaded
11-17-2006, 06:30 PM
If the cards were made by Topps, most likely, they are junk. But to be sure, buy a Beckett Football magazine http://www.beckett.com/Navigation/Controller.osi?N=15&x=0&y=0
They price each individual card and they also price wax(unopened) packs and boxes. In 1988, Topps flooded the market with all kind of cards that you have to wade through them to get the good ones. The highly collected cards now are the serial numbered rookie cards that you have to pull from those $50-60/pack Upper Deck SP cards.

JohnS
11-17-2006, 06:35 PM
I like how everyone had those goldmines of trading cards that they threw away. Did you ever think that if no one had thrown theirs away, they would all be worthless because the market would be flooded? Rarity is what makes them valuable!