PDA

View Full Version : Pan-Mass Challenge registration dates

Bruce K
11-17-2006, 08:35 AM
For those interested, the registration dates for the 2007 Pan-Mass Challenge have been released:

Heavy Hitter (those who raised over $6,000.00) registration opens 1/2/2007.

Alumni / returning riders opens on 1/9/2007

New rider registration opens on 1/16/2007

Last year's routes and lodging options sold out pretty quickly so if you want to get in on this worthwhile event, don't delay.

To my knowledge, the fundraising minimums have not yet been announced, but I would expect they will be higher than last year ($3300.00 for 2 days ending in Provincetown) once again.

BK

quattro
11-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Bruce, thanks for posting the registration dates for everyone. This is a good opportunity to plan on getting a Serotta Forum Team together to ride the PMC next August 4-5, 2007. Mark your calendar now!

I'm sure Bruce is already hard at work designing a PMC-Serotta Forum Jersey for 2007! :D

Bruce K
11-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Are you outta yer freakin' mind?!?!?!

ANOTHER jersey ????

Maybe if it was limited to a PMC team only. That would require a lot of fundraising on everyone's part.

BK

92degrees
11-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Bruce, thanks for posting the registration dates for everyone. This is a good opportunity to plan on getting a Serotta Forum Team together to ride the PMC next August 4-5, 2007. Mark your calendar now!

I'm sure Bruce is already hard at work designing a PMC-Serotta Forum Jersey for 2007! :D

I didn't get a groovy feeling from the team I rode with this year (I did get a groovy feeling from PMC!). I would be very happy if the forum rode together.

Bruce K
11-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Steve;

Ian (leftyfreak) and I would be happy to have you ride with us this coming PMC.

I plan to go Wellesley-Bourne-P'town and stay on the ship.

Maybe this year we can all sneak over to quattro's for the early bird departure. :banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

92degrees
11-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Steve;

Ian (leftyfreak) and I would be happy to have you ride with us this coming PMC.

I plan to go Wellesley-Bourne-P'town and stay on the ship.

Maybe this year we can all sneak over to quattro's for the early bird departure. :banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

I think about PMC 2007 a lot. I had a great experience this year. Riding with this particular team was sort of a non-event. I hardly saw them and they didn't really stick together (I only really knew 1 person on the team). I'm definitely considering registering again. My wife is very interested in hosting a Kid's Ride out here in WMA, so I'm a little concerned about stretching too thin. Have you considered riding from Sturbridge?

Bradford
11-17-2006, 04:01 PM
I am currently in negotiation with the Mrs. for a trip back to the land of the bean and the cod that would coincide with the PMC. If so, I'll hook up with you at Bourne; or, if our luck holds up, I'll find you on the road.

Not sure if it would be the tandem or my half bike.

Bruce K
11-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Steve - I did 3 Sturbridge starts before switching to Wellesley for logistical reasons.

I miss being at the opening ceremonies live but I really enjoy the slightly lower key start and having fewer riders to deal with for the first 40 miles or so.

Nothing is set in stone and we do have a few weeks to talk about it.

Stephen - I hope you can make it back. That would be a great weekend addition.

BK

quattro
11-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Bruce, I'm more than happy to host a pre-ride get together at my house, coffee, bagels, bananas, etc., I live about 2 miles from the Wellesley start, we could either plan on leaving early from my house or riding over to the official start at Babson, the more the merrier! Seeing how we have a few months to prepare lets see how many forumites we can bring together to register and ride the 2007 PMC. Bruce I can feel the passion you exude over the idea of working on a 2007 Serotta Forum-PMC jersey!
You Are The Man! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Bruce K
11-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Morris;

If we could put together a team of 8 to 12 riders who wanted to try and do team-type fundraising as an "official" PMC team, I guess we could give it another go for jerseys, etc.

We have just under 2 months to figure this out and I would be happy to captain the Serotta Forum Team for the PMC in 2007.

Let's see what kind of interest we can generate and we'll go from there.

BK

quattro
11-18-2006, 04:58 PM
As Bruce indicated we can put together an "Official PMC TEAM", to learn exactly what that means check out the attached link to PMC site concerning Teams for details: http://www.pmc.org/ride.asp?topic=Ride/teams

If you think you are interested in being part of an "Official PMC Team", maybe we could get Ben's approval once again in 2007 to allow us to ride as a Serotta Forum PMC team. So, count off....

Team Captain Bruce-1
Quattro-2....

Bruce K
11-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Here's what I'm thinking.....

If we can get 8 or so people to commit to a team I will go ahaead and register us with the PMC.

I would like to know by Friday, December 15 if we think we are going to do this.

If we do, I would also need to know how much interest we would have in adopting a Pedal Partner. this would require team members to make a couple of visits to Dana Farber or the family to meet and support our Partner/child as they go through treatment. We might want to have a Pedal Partner event as well.

In the meantime, I will contact Dave Powers and see if it would be OK to use the name and do another jersey.

BK

Team name ideas would be good.