PDA

View Full Version : Pegoretti repaint job - is copying O.K?

The Spider
11-17-2006, 04:06 AM
I was thinking about re-painting a second hand Pegoretti Marcelo that I've just bought...and this red one with silver/white graphics caught my eye...the f@ck !!! on the top tube...sums up urban riding to me (it's going to be a road going fixie)

here is a couple of shots of the frame...

anyone got any more...

now a topic on the right to actually do it...

now, since the paint job is going to be a one off (I don't believe it ever went into production!)....can I copy it? or is it like having a mona lisa print hanging?

I think I'm worried becuase Pegoretti's are viewed as art and bicycle and I'm crossing that line...anything else and I'd be O.K getting someone other than Dario to do a paintjob is wrong....but then again he had someone doing all his paint for him for the past 2 years (Zonde!)

what do you think?

cs124
11-17-2006, 05:17 AM
Would you trust it to the painter that works for the frame builder who shall not be named? This particular individual does superb work, even if the canvas on which he paints is often sub par. :p

William
11-17-2006, 05:34 AM
Nothing wrong with being inspired. And most likely your painter won't be able to copy it exactly...so it's not a copy...it's an "influenced by" type of work imho.

That's my $.02 and I won't even charge you for it. ;)

William