PDA

View Full Version : Yet another eBay question

trener1
12-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Quick question here.

I sold something on eBay yesterday, the shipping name in the buyers PayPal is
SBBUY184

I asked them for a name to put on the shipping label and they just said to use that.
Should I worry?
They paid and I transferred the funds to my bank account.
and the buyer has 918 reviews so looks legit.

dbnm
12-12-2018, 10:58 AM
In the USA? Are you shipping to the confirmed address?

trener1
12-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Yeah the shipping address is in Everett Washington, it seems like a commercial address, not sure how to tell if its verified.

dbnm
12-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Check with paypal about the address.

If it's confirmed, then you are covered.

Bentley
12-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Generally when you buy postage for Priority Mail at the USPS the only thing on the label is street address, city, state and zip code. No name and you only get a return address if you add it.

As long as the transaction is legit, and you can check that with PayPal, it really does not matter

Ray

Pegoready
12-12-2018, 11:17 AM
It sounds like a foreign buyer using a freight forwarder.

I would use the address EXACTLY as written in the paypal receipt, and better yet, use eBay's shipping program to print a label so you don't have to worry about it and the tracking gets uploaded automatically.

If the item is pricey or you get a weird feeling, spend the extra $2-3 for a signature on delivery. You should be able to select this in the eBay shipping as an option.

With a lot of feedback and an instant response to your question to the buyer, it sounds like you are all good. Lots of foreign buyers use a freight forwarder and have to put in a number to properly sort through the freight forwarder's system.

rccardr
12-12-2018, 11:42 AM
I sold to someone through that third party last year, worked out fine.
It's some sort of commercial freight forwarder, prolly cheaper than eBay GSP.

kramnnim
12-12-2018, 11:46 AM
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/18655-Selling-on-eBay-problem-with-buyer

See last post.

zzy
12-12-2018, 01:25 PM
yikes..

zap
12-12-2018, 01:41 PM
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/18655-Selling-on-eBay-problem-with-buyer

See last post.

oh, hello................

Good catch.

trener1
12-12-2018, 01:58 PM
interesting.... thanks for finding that, glad I haven't shipped it yet, and indeed I actually sold him/her an iPod touch.

So.... seeing that thread, do I just go ahead an cancel the sale?.
What would some experienced sellers do?.

zmudshark
12-12-2018, 02:00 PM
link help:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/18655-Selling-on-eBay-problem-with-buyer?p=321654&viewfull=1#post321654

trener1
12-12-2018, 02:01 PM
Yeah I was referring to that post in my above question

zmudshark
12-12-2018, 02:01 PM
interesting.... thanks for finding that, glad I haven't shipped it yet, and indeed I actually sold him/her an iPod touch.

So.... seeing that thread, do I just go ahead an cancel the sale?.
What would some experienced sellers do?.
I would cancel the sale.

Pegoready
12-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Wow, nice catch!

Run, don't walk, away from this transaction.

I'd call eBay and explain the situation, including the thread online. They'll allow you to cancel it and refund the buyer's money.

I am so glad people on the internet document these things.

Ralph
12-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Call E bay. Discuss.

trener1
12-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Seems like calling eBay is a huge pain, I think I can just cancel it and give back the money without any repercussions? No?
I am pretty sure that anyhow eBay will say dont worry because they are always on the buyers side, and they will encourage me to ship.

cmg
12-12-2018, 02:45 PM
couldn't you just photograph the condition prior to shipping? the buyer is in the pre-scumbag stage hasn't robbed you yet, maybe it's legit.

Lanternrouge
12-12-2018, 02:48 PM
I have to agree with the prior posters who recommended getting out of this transaction. What I've learned through unpleasant experiences selling on eBay is that if you have any concerns as a seller, you don't want to go through with the transaction.

That said, it sounds like the buyer here is a freight forwarder, so the issue may have been with one of its other customers. Still, it's not worth the downsides.

duff_duffy
12-12-2018, 02:55 PM
I can’t believe I am saying this but my last two calls to eBay have been pleasant regarding both buyer and seller sides of transactions. They helped resolve issues quickly.

Seems like calling eBay is a huge pain, I think I can just cancel it and give back the money without any repercussions? No?
I am pretty sure that anyhow eBay will say dont worry because they are always on the buyers side, and they will encourage me to ship.

trener1
12-12-2018, 02:56 PM
There are photographs in the eBay posting.
No stock photos but actual photos, but based on that other thread in car forum it looks like that doesn't help you.

trener1
12-12-2018, 02:58 PM
I can't even find a phone number on eBay, I am sure that if I spend 10 minutes digging I can pull it up but it seems like they make it difficult to find their number, so I can't imagine that actually talking to someone would pleasant or efficient.

kramnnim
12-12-2018, 03:06 PM
https://gethuman.com/phone-number/eBay

duff_duffy
12-12-2018, 03:07 PM
I use the eBay app on my phone. There is a help button that connects you to correct person or you can have them call you. It ties into your account so they have all of stuff for the call. That and my craigslist app are great for bike stuff!

I can't even find a phone number on eBay, I am sure that if I spend 10 minutes digging I can pull it up but it seems like they make it difficult to find their number, so I can't imagine that actually talking to someone would pleasant or efficient.

Ralph
12-12-2018, 04:08 PM
I know that some folks suspect E bay is always out to get you, and PayPal is the tool of the mafia....but that's just not true.

I would call E bay and go over your concerns....and ask how you can protect yourself if you have concerns.

If still in doubt, cancel the sale. But this is most likely a legitimate buyer. You really don't know he is not. Nothing wrong with being careful either.

thedvlsh1
12-13-2018, 03:32 PM
I can’t believe I am saying this but my last two calls to eBay have been pleasant regarding both buyer and seller sides of transactions. They helped resolve issues quickly.

Same here.

thedvlsh1
12-13-2018, 03:34 PM

eBay Customer Service --> (866) 540-3229
eBay Technical Support --> (866) 961-9253