PDA

View Full Version : Vecchio's on Cyclingnews.com

GregL
12-10-2018, 03:54 PM
With kind references to our local old spud:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/vecchios-bicicletteria-holding-onto-the-beauty-of-cycling/

Greg

Tickdoc
12-10-2018, 04:17 PM
What a great article and thanks for sharing. I have fond memories of my trip there a few years ago where they fixed me up with a new set of pads before the boulder classic. Peter was gracious enough to meet me at his house so I could drop off a set of wheels for a rebuild. I love the fact that what Peter built is still there in the shop...not just the stuff, but the laid back attitude and culture. So Boulder. I wanted to spend more time there and hope to go back again someday.

Ralph
12-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Very nice.

monkeybanana86
12-10-2018, 04:24 PM
Nice photos. Old bikes always a good sign!

Dino SuegiĆ¹
12-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Great. Some nice history there.

Black Dog
12-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Also great to see that Hank's (Velotel) son Mat is a part of the store.

Mikej
12-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Reminds me of Yellow Jersey in Madison WI

wgp
12-10-2018, 07:59 PM
Great article; thanks for sharing!

One of my all time favorite shops - haven't been since Peter sold it ('cause I haven't been to CO since then, but I'd love to return).

FL_MarkD
12-10-2018, 08:11 PM
Nice article. Seems to capture the feel of the shop. Congrats to the current and previous owners.

oldpotatoe
12-11-2018, 06:49 AM
With kind references to our local old spud:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/vecchios-bicicletteria-holding-onto-the-beauty-of-cycling/

Greg

Just saw that, very nice writeup, congratulations to Jim..'mostly' accurate.
'Ciao Vecchio', came from Marco Saligari as he was riding out of previous shop, ProPeloton..Northwave sponsored his trip, we were a Northwave dealer so I set up his bike..the shop guys rode with him each morning..yup, first morning, 'Ciao Vecchio'..I do know Andy and Indurain DID visit, but when at Morgul Bismark.

BUT great article..yup, Jim has done a great job..of the wrenches in Boulder(or anywhere in the US for that matter), he works on 1960s Schwinns to Walmart bikes to EPS/Di2/etap..with rim or wet disc brakes..he is much more versed in the most modern stuff than I was(disc brakes)..PLUS excellent wheelbuilder..

MikeD
12-12-2018, 10:30 AM
Nice photos. Old bikes always a good sign!

Photos where? I only see the one at the beginning of the article. It would have been nice if the quoted article had some decent photos to give a feel of what the shop is like.

Does the Morgul-Bismark bike shop still exist?