PDA

View Full Version : Big PSA 1983 Eddy Merckx Professional - 64x59 De Rosa built - $900 concord / pleasan

cnighbor1
12-09-2018, 01:14 PM
1983 Eddy Merckx Professional - 64x59 De Rosa built - $900 (concord / pleasant hill / martinez) ( near me)
As much as I'll regret selling this bike, it must go. I won't be able to ride bikes for a while and I had built this for casual rides and California Eroica. Bike is not EXACTLY how it was built in 1983, but the newest part is from 1987, excluding the saddle. It's a sweet, sweet ride.

Seat tube is 64cm. Top Tube is 59. Headtube (excluding headset cups) is 220mm. These were built by De Rosa in 1983, and it sure rides great. 89cm standover.

Paint condition: good to fair. There's a fair number of scratches, but I spent the time to polish out the paint and it really came out really well. I wouldn't want to repaint it unless it was stripped down and received new decals.

Components: All in great or very good condition
Brakeset: Gipiemme Chronospecial with Campagnolo brake pads
Crankset: Gipiemme Chrono Sprint
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Record
Rear derailleur: Gipiemme Chronosprint (made by Simplex: interesting story)
Front derailleur: Campagnolo Record
Shifters: Campagnolo Record
Wheelset: Sew up/Tubular Gipiemme Special 36h laced to Fiamme red label rear (tad stiffer every day rim) and Gipiemme Special 36h to Fiamme gold label front (tad lighter race day rim) with Vittoria Mondial tires. Tires hold air and are not rock hard....yet...I've done some casual flat rides and braking/turning has not been an issue but I'd replace them if you don't want to worry about it.
Bars: Cinelli 64-42
Stem: Specialized forged stem
Seatpost: Laprade alloy. Not the best post, but it does the job
Saddle: Brooks Cambium. Was using it as a placeholder but it works well and kind of looks the part.
Brake levers: Diacompe AGC-251 aero levers
Headset: Campagnolo C-Record headset.
Chain: Sachs
Freewheel: Suntour Superbe
Asking 900 obo. Can meet between Danville and Concord.

Thanks for looking!
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/1983-eddy-merckx-professional/6768347620.html