PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo Super Record brake question

duff_duffy
12-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Anyone know if you can buy just the little spring clip that holds brake pad in? Noticed mine broke off one of pad holders. Thanks!

Joxster
12-08-2018, 01:30 PM
I've got a spare one, $700 attached to a new set of bakes

lhuerta
12-08-2018, 01:51 PM
....spring is really not necessary. There is enough interference/purchase between pad and holder to firmly hold ur pad. Unless u r breaking hard while going backwards u r in no danger of ever loosing ur break pad.

Calnago
12-08-2018, 03:03 PM
I went through a stage where I’d just remove them since they were a pain to pry open and simultaneously pull the old brake pad out in order to replace them. Also along the lines of thinking I’d never be braking going backwards anyway (I just let it rip when riding backwards :) ). All good until one day I’m just stopped at a light and just from nervous energy rocking the bike back and forth and playing with the brake. I noticed right away how easy, with your weight on the bike, it was for the brake pad to slide out backwards just from that action. So I put the springs back in and learned the best way to get the old pads out is not to carefully pull while trying to pry the spring above the notch, but rather to just pry up the end of the pad from the open end enough so they you can get hold of it with some needle nose pliers or something then just sort of “peel” them out of the brake shoe if that makes sense. No need to worry about opening up the spring.
I realize this doesn’t help the OP with getting a new spring, so in his case I wouldn’t worry too much about it except to be aware that it’s not present. Just don’t let it rip while riding backwards or rock to much while holding the brake.

DRietz
12-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Yes, these are easily purchased - you will want to call your LBS ahead of time, they'll probably need to order them from Q.

charliedid
12-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Try your LBS :-)

msriddle
12-09-2018, 07:55 PM
You need Campagnolo BR-SR001
You get 4 clips in the pack.

duff_duffy
12-09-2018, 08:11 PM
You guys are too funny. The crazy thing is during my three visits to stores today I never thought to ask about this piece! Now that would have been smart to do. Thanks for heads up on part number as well...

Try your LBS :-)

duff_duffy
12-09-2018, 08:19 PM
So I googled that part number. Guess which store came up first....none of my local stores...no big online shops....were all doomed!

duff_duffy
12-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Here ya go! Walmart is taking over bike industry. They now carry Campy replacement parts.

fiamme red
12-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Here ya go! Walmart is taking over bike industry. They now carry Campy replacement parts.It's $20.29 at Walmart. You can find it cheaper elsewhere: https://365cycles.com/index.php/campagnolo-brake-shoe-retaining-springs-set-of-4.html.

m4rk540
12-17-2018, 12:37 AM
So I put the springs back in and learned the best way to get the old pads out is not to carefully pull while trying to pry the spring above the notch, but rather to just pry up the end of the pad from the open end enough so they you can get hold of it with some needle nose pliers or something then just sort of “peel” them out of the brake shoe if that makes sense. No need to worry about opening up the spring.

I pry them off with a flathead screwdriver or the head of an 8mm hex wrench. They peel off easily.